Senior Data Warehouse Analyst
Along with the application, please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Reporting to the Director of Operational Analytics in University Analytics and Institutional Research (UAIR) and working collaboratively with the IT Data Engineering team, the Senior Data Warehouse Analyst plays a critical role in shaping the University's institutional analytics and decision-making environment by contributing to ongoing efforts to design, develop, and maintain a data warehouse and ensuring accuracy and efficiency of integrated datasets. They should be passionate about public higher education; data and analytics; diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging; and equitable student success. To optimize collaborations with decision makers, the Senior Analyst also contributes to data governance, ensuring that standards for data documentation, use, and sharing are implemented and observed. And, to further support university decision makers, the Senior Analyst offers Tableau User Groups and develops needed templates and extracts to produce high-quality analyses and visualizations, all in accordance with the aims of the UMass Amherst strategic plan and to support an equity-minded culture of evidence at all levels that applies the best possible information and analysis to decisions.
Please see essential job functions, qualifications and how to apply in the job ad: Senior Data Warehouse Analyst (Hybrid Opportunity) | Human Resources | UMass Amherst
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in computer science, data analytics, information systems or other field requiring experience with data warehouses, data visualization, and SQL proficiency) including three (3) years of related experience OR master’s degree in computer science, data analytics, information systems or other field requiring experience with data warehouses, data visualization, and SQL proficiency with one (1) year of related experience.
- Understanding of databases, data sources, data flows, and data manipulation in both operational and analytics contexts.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL and/or SQL-based query tools required. Familiarity with data warehouse design, including dimensional modeling concepts such as star schema), loading and ETL processes, and reconciling data.
- Demonstrated mastery with Tableau visualization development, knowledge of system functionality (e.g., server, extracts), and ability to analyze large datasets.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including experience translating complex problems into successful reports or visual solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to provide technical and nuanced information and feedback to both expert and non-technical audiences and to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the institution and with external constituents.
- Superior attention to detail and organizational acumen coupled with a proven aptitude for project management. Comfortable managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and accurately within specified time frames and experience collaborating with cross-functional teams. Ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to access, analyze and report on sensitive and/or not-yet-public information and to exercise care to maintain privacy and confidentially while attending to data access and reporting transparency.
- Familiarity with AWS and Amazon Redshift.
- Dell Boomi experience or knowledge.
- Experience with statistical programming (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Stata, R).
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Application Due Date: 2024-03-20
Job Start Date: 2024-04-01
Salary: $71119 - $106678
Institution: University of Massachusetts Amherst
Reports To: Director of Operational Analytics
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: University Analytics and Institutional Research
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
Top of List Post a Job