Please note that in order to be considered, please apply through GU-Q website: https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Qatar_Careers/job/Assessment-and-Evaluation-Specialist_JR17096
Need some assistance with the application process? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4942048
● Support the Associate Dean for Teaching, Learning and Assessment in planning and implementing assessment and evaluation services that meet the needs and interests of GU-Q.
● Work with the Associate Dean for Teaching, Learning and Assessment to help academic and co-curricular departments and faculty determine assessment needs and measure how students are meeting learning outcomes.
● Create and maintain inventory of academic assessment information and instruments used at the university.
● Oversee collection, analysis, interpretation, preparation, and dissemination of institutional assessment information.
● Provide support and expert guidance in program and learning outcomes assessment, curriculum mapping, and academic programming.
● Plan, develop, coordinate and implement internal and external assessment activities.
● Perform direct assessment and assessment analysis.
● Utilize learning analytics tools to collect and analyze data on student performance and engagement.
● Provide technical and professional guidance, consultation, and support to departments regarding assessment, as appropriate.
● Conduct outreach to academic and co-curricular departments, and programs to provide support for assessment, program review, accreditation, etc. by assessing their needs.
● Manage the collection and analysis of various assessment data for academic and other program reviews.
● Prepare and administer program assessment surveys, statistical data, and visual reports to identify areas for continuous improvement.
● Interpret assessment findings; analyze and compile comprehensive statistical and narrative data; assist with the preparation and presentation of official assessment reports to summarize findings.
● Work collaboratively with departments to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and ethics related to data collection and release.
● Ensure the quality and validity of assessment processes through continuous evaluation and improvement.
● Implement best practices in assessment and learning analytics to maintain educational standards.
● Other similar duties, as assigned.
● Master’s degree.
● 3-5 years of related work experience in higher education assessment or learning analytics.
● Experience working in an institutional research and planning capacity including business intelligence, data modeling, forecasting and qualitative and quantitative analyses preferred.
● Ability to collect, analyze, interpret and disseminate information (quantitative and qualitative).
● An understanding of various research designs, statistical analyses and statistical software programs is desirable.
● Knowledge of using learning analytics platforms and assessment tools.
● Excellent computer skills including strong working knowledge of university systems.
● Project management and task coordination skills with experience leading multifaceted/complex projects.
● Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills.
● Knowledge of data visualization techniques and skills for sharing information with users and decision-makers.
● Knowledge of ethical issues associated with student learning data, identity, and privacy.
● Arabic reading, writing and speaking skills are preferred.
You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.