Online applications only: please submit applications via Interfolio at https://www.cpp.edu/~faculty-affairs/open-positions/index.shtml. Applicants will provide contact information for recommenders during the application process, and the system will contact recommenders and provide a method for uploading letters. No physical application materials accepted.
A completed application will consist of:
- A cover letter that includes the candidate’s teaching and experience. The letter should also address an ability to meet the qualifications articulated in the position description, including a portfolio website link providing 20 samples of the candidate’s own professional work, and a portfolio website link providing 20 samples of work by the candidate’s student’s work;
- A curriculum vitae comprised of at least those elements specified on the application form and including the names, titles, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least five individuals who can speak to the candidate’s potential for success in this position;
- A completed application form available at:
- An unofficial transcript showing the highest degree earned;
- A Student Success Statement about your teaching, or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working or engaging with a diverse student population (approximately one page, single-spaced). More information about expectations for the statement can be found here: http://www.cpp.edu/~faculty-affairs/documents/student_success_statement.pdf
- Finalists for the position will be required to provide an official transcript;
- Finalists for the position will be required to provide three letters of reference dated within the last two years;
- Final candidates being interviewed are expected to make a presentation of creative work and a teaching demonstration to faculty and interact with students.
The position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to completed applications received no later than December 2nd, 2019. Early response is encouraged
General inquiries regarding the application should be directed to:
Faculty Search Committee Chair
Professor Raymond Kampf
Department of Art
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 W. Temple Ave. Pomona, CA 91768
- M.F.A. in Visual Communication Design, Graphic Design, or a related field completed by time of appointment.
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional work experience in Graphic Design or Visual Communication Design.
- Teaching experience in Graphic Design or Visual Communication Design at the university level.
- Demonstration of ability to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, creative activities, teaching, advising, and service.
The Department of Art in the College of Environmental Design at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona), invites applications for one tenure-track position in the area of Visual Communication Design at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin fall semester 2020.
This tenure-track position includes instruction in Visual Communication Design—specifically in motion and sequential graphics, interface and experiential design (UX/UI), and typography—for undergraduate courses within the Department of Art. This position requires teaching, advising, as well as professional and creative activities in Visual Communication Design or a related area. The faculty in this position would also be involved in department, college, and university service. Applicants who demonstrate a commitment to inclusive excellence and diversity in higher education are especially encouraged to apply.