Reporting to the Assistant Vice-President for Planning, Assessment and Institutional Research, the Senior IR Analyst is responsible for coordinating and responding to external reports for federal and state agencies, ranking organizations, publications, accreditors and other associations/requestors. S/he will provide technical leadership for report writing, research and statistical analysis, and will collaborate with the ITS Data Warehouse Team and other departments to enhance the reporting capabilities of the University Data Warehouse.
• Provide technical leadership and support for report writing, research, and statistical analysis
• Coordinate external data requests from governmental agencies, ranking publications, accreditors and other associations; including IPEDS, national and state reports to ensure accurate and timely reporting
• Collaborate with the ITS Data Warehouse Team and other departments to enhance the reporting abilities of the Data Warehouse
• Participate in activities and consultations to maximize the use of the Banner System and Data Warehouse for institutional research and reporting needs
• Actively work on automating reporting and related processes using reporting tools available
• Develop and maintain up-to-date documentation for all reports, projects, and processes
• Gather, analyze, interpret, and synthesize information from data sources and clearly communicate the findings to support administrative decision-making
• Research and provide University data/information to President, Provost, Vice Presidents, Deans, Associate Deans, University Directors, Department Chairpersons, and other authorized University personnel
• Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to assist senior management in decision making.
• Participate in university committees, and develop relationships with internal stakeholders to advocate for and advance best practices in data reporting, data analysis, and information dissemination by leveraging communication skills and subject matter knowledge
• Represent Pace’s best practices at local, regional, and/or national professional association meetings
• Conduct research projects, and perform other such duties as may be assigned
• At least 5 years of progressive data extraction, analysis, and programming related experience are required
• Experience and advanced knowledge of dynamic relational databases, tables, records, effective dating and data warehouses
• Experience and advanced knowledge of the report and query writers
• Ability to develop complex reports and queries to meet institutional reporting requirements.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Strong statistical literacy and the ability to effectively convey statistical information
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint); experience with Banner or a similar ERP system a plus
• Understanding of the need for confidentiality and ethical behavior and abide by these principles
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical personnel