1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. Three letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation).
5. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
2. Participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the Center of Excellence; recommends within program policy, appropriate service levels and resources; recommends and administers policies and procedures.
3. Manages and participates in the development and administration of the assigned annual budget; directs the forecast of additional funds needed; directs the monitoring of and approves expenditures; directs and implements adjustments as necessary.
4. Develops and standardizes procedures and methods to improve and continuously monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of the Center of Excellence, service delivery methods, and procedures; assesses and monitors workload, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identifies opportunities for improvement and makes recommendations to the Dean, Business.
5. Participates in the selection of, trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned personnel; works with employees on performance issues; recommends discipline to the Dean, Business.
6. Directs and participates in the preparation and maintenance of various grant applications, records, reports, and files related to activities, performance, outcomes, and expenditures; ensures compliance with grant requirements; submits required reports to the Chancellor’s Office.
7. Conducts research on workforce development needs, including primary research, industry surveys, interviews, secondary research, and data analysis; prepares and publishes environmental scan studies; provides consultation and technical expertise to regional community colleges concerning emerging jobs and workforce needs; responds to inquiries and provides detailed and technical information concerning projects.
8. Coordinates Center of Excellence communications and information between other regional centers, community agencies, independent contractors, staff, faculty, administrators, businesses, and economic development and governmental agencies; conducts marketing and outreach activities.
9. Researches, analyzes, and identifies partnership opportunities for regional workforce development; establishes and maintains partnerships with regional clients and partners including other Centers of Excellence, Economic and Workforce Development grantees and businesses; seeks available grants and opportunities to leverage resources.
10. Monitors and evaluates Center of Excellence products and services for educational and economic effectiveness and operational efficiency.
For more details, visit:
Equivalent to graduation from a regionally accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, economics, or a related field and two (2) full-time equivalent years of economic and workforce development experience.
Note Salary and Health & Welfare Benefits are subject to change.