Please upload the following documents on the career site portal: Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Official Transcript(s), and three letters of recommendations.
Staff are available to assist with accommodation requests and assistance. For assistance, please call 405-466-3204 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NATURE OF JOB: The Institutional Research Analyst/Programmer provides technical leadership and support for data-centric programming and mining, report writing, research and statistical analysis to facilitate a culture of data-informed decision-making. The successful candidate will help collect, validate, process, and report institutional data, and will work with a variety of campus stakeholders.
The Institutional Research Analyst/Programmer provides technical leadership and support for data-centric programming and mining, report writing, research and statistical analysis to facilitate a culture of data-informed decision-making. The successful candidate will help collect, validate, process, and report institutional data, and will work with a variety of campus stakeholders. Job duties include the following:
- Generate state and federal data sets from both external and internal databases.
- Assist with all state and federal reporting requirements.
- Maintain university data in a consistent manner.
- Offer support and assistance to other office personnel, acting as the lead analyst for major projects.
- The Analyst/Programmer for Institutional Research and Analysis constructs complex queries that are used to create predictive models, reports, and visualizations.
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, or other relevant databases.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business, or other relevant discipline with 2 years of experience.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in data analysis, programming, or a combination of work-related experience.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team and ability to communicate with wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with merging large and complex data sets using data merge software such as SAS, SPSS, Veera or other relevant software.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and follow through all phases to completion.
- At least 3-5 years of progressive data extraction, analysis, and programming in higher education or other related field.
- Experience with developing reports using Cognos or other report writer software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience producing data visualizations.