The Office of Institutional Research and Analysis significantly impacts work across all areas of Carnegie Mellon University by collecting, organizing, and analyzing information that allow staff and faculty to better understand the CMU community and the environment in which they work. We are searching for a Research Analyst to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and challenging work environment.
- Processing raw data from enterprise systems into usable data sets
- Analyzing data and interpreting results,
- Responding to ad-hoc information requests
- Creating written reports and verbal presentations, including graphic visualizations.
- Exceptional data management skills
- Strong analytical skills,
- Formal presentation skills,
- Ability to communicate results in a clear and concise manner,
- Close attention to detail, and
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis. Inclusion, collaboration, and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a dynamic population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. You should share our values and work to support the mission of the university through your work.
- Master’s degree with an emphasis on research methods or quantitative analysis.
Doctoral degree with emphasis on research methods or quantitative analysis desired.
- Three years of experience working with complex data sets, designing small research projects, analyzing data, and interpreting results required; five years preferred.
- Proven working knowledge of Base SAS or related software, including the ability to understand and develop code, conduct statistical analyses (basic and complex), and generate summary reports.