To learn more or to apply, please visit https://www.marist.edu/careers. Only online applications are accepted.
Marist College is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and is especially interested in receiving applications from members of ethnic and racial minority groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and persons from other under-represented groups.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Marist College invites applications for the position of Director of Institutional Data, Research and Planning. The successful candidate will join a collaborative environment at one of the leading organizations in the historic Hudson River Valley, midway between New York City and Albany, situated on our beautiful 210-acre riverfront campus in Poughkeepsie, NY. Marist College is consistently ranked among the best regional and national institutions by major publications, is fiscally sound, and known especially for its technological innovation.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the Director is a member of the President's Cabinet and Internal Operating Group and serves as an essential strategic partner in carrying out Marist College’s mission, vision, and future planning. The Director is responsible for institutional oversight for data and reporting across all operational areas of the College and coordinates research and analyses to inform decision-making processes, support long-range planning, and provide public accountability. Working with Cabinet-level colleagues, the Director will have responsibility for the management, coordination, and integration of data sets generated by academics, enrollment and retention, human resources, and accreditation necessary for strategic decision making at Marist College. She/he will provide critical support for assessment and planning issues, as well as leadership for the collection, analysis, interpretation, application, and reporting of information in support of the academic mission and administration of the College. The Director will ensure the College’s processes are implemented and maintained effectively, align with best practices, and are continuously improved over time.
- Lead the College in the identification of institutional planning issues and execution of timely, accurate, and relevant research. Translate research results into action planning in support of academic and administrative decision-making (e.g., course demand analysis; enrollment and retention forecasting; institutional benchmarking, etc.)
- Conceptualize and carry out complex analytical and survey projects
- Leverage technology to assist in the collection and analysis of data. Embrace innovation in data science methods including advanced modeling and the use of artificial intelligence/machine learning.
- Demonstrate superior analytical skills and the ability to constantly reevaluate and improve analytical, reporting, and survey activities.
- Exhibit knowledge of statistics and their applied use, understanding of reporting, and a firm grasp of data science principles, practices, and techniques.
- Create dashboards and data visualization tools to empower institutional decision-making processes.
- Adapt and respond to new data reporting requirements based on emerging needs, including ad hoc requests suitable to the needs of various stakeholders.
- Direct the design, implementation, and analysis of surveys. Demonstrate knowledge and experience in the formulation, implementation, dissemination, and technical support of data warehouses.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of all reports and deliverables.
- Demonstrated leadership, including staff development. Well-developed skills in information technology, management reporting, presentations, project management, and interpersonal communications. Experience with higher education data and reporting, such as IPEDS, preferred.
An advanced degree (e.g. Master’s or Ph.D.) and six to eight years of related experience in the use of data or business analytics required (at least 3 of these years should be in or closely connected to an institutional research office).
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River, on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (10th Best Regional University/North, 5th Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. The College is top-ranked for long-term study abroad (#4 in the U.S.) by the U.S. State Department’s Open Doors report. Marist educates more than 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about