- Institutional Research practices at a deep level, including: research methodology, statistical approaches, and development of new projects in context.
- Methodology to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and projects and the extent that goals are achieved. ·
- How to adopt a systems perspective to identify barriers and opportunities for improvement.
- Seminal theorists and practitioners in institutional research to guide project development and problem solving.
- The advantages and disadvantages of using different theories, methodology, approaches, and techniques, in context.
- Relational database design and management (Peoplesoft preferred).
- Leading practices, top areas to resource these from, and how to use them to influence project development.
- Expertise in statistical tools, modeling, testing, validating, and publishing reports. Advanced skills in statistical packages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R), and accessing big data from multiple sources.
- Evaluation of statistical approaches and strong rationale for how to evaluate research questions in context to select the appropriate tool and methodology.
- Demonstrated success in delivering reports and visualizations that answer key questions, prompt new questions, and raise the understanding of the issues at hand.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence in a way that inspires trust and motivates individuals toward a common goal. Including working well with end users, management, programmers, and business analysts.
- Follows established procedures and develops approaches for continuous quality improvement. Detail oriented with attention to each element and aspect of a challenge or situation, and how various parts can influence each other.
- Survey methodology, design, and administration across stakeholder groups. Manage data quality and error reduction with continuous improvement of procedures in the context of time lines and competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills are critical.
- Resolve escalated issues arising from operations that require coordination with other departments.
- Demonstrated experience to carry out projects with minimal direction, following work flow toward efficiency and effective use of resources.
- Prioritize and direct projects and efforts to achieve unit and university goals, balanced with required reporting.
- Track record of effectively achieving desired results and managing multiple projects simultaneously, including recurring and emerging work.
- Willingness to learn new software and skills.
- Ability to participate with the AVP and management teams to develop and implement policies.
- Affinity for solutions focused approach to issues, including providing methodologically sound and thorough answers to a wide range difficult and complex problems.
- Consistently adhere to industry standards for data integrity and processes and at the same time, deliver unique, innovative, and pragmatic solutions.
Certification: Valid Driver License
Required Education: Master's degree in higher education, social sciences, computational science, or related disciplines.
Credentials and/or certification in data science, project management, and analytics, a plus.
A minimum of 10 years of experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility, including managing staff and large scale, complex projects. Experience working with subordinates, leadership, and staff members across units. Must have experience as a leader in maintaining quality and standards in data management, reporting, and compliance areas.