To view full description and apply online go to: https://jobs.onu.edu/postings/7175
Posting Number: S000236
Position Type: Administrative Staff
Department: Institutional Research
Job Scope: Support the Office of Institutional Research in data extraction, interpretation, and presentation. Compile reports and respond to requests for data to support informed decision making for the university.
- Administer nationally normed surveys/assessments (HERI, NSSE, LSSE, CLA+, etc.) and develop institutional, alumni, and ad hoc surveys to support accreditation needs and university decision making.
- Provide consulting support to administrative units and academic units in the development of high quality survey instruments and effective survey administration processes.
- Deliver statistical support to administrators, faculty, and staff to enhance data driven decision making.
- Analyze and provide comprehensive reports from institutional surveys.
- Develop and maintain reports, visualizations, and dashboards to support decision making.
- Assist in the collection, analysis, and reporting of data to guidebook surveys (Common Data Set, U.S. News, Peterson’s, etc.).
- Complete ad hoc research, data collection, analysis, presentation, and other reporting as requested.
- Use SQL to query data from Oracle database.
- Serve as a brand administrator for the University’s Qualtrics license. Provide direct support to end users and provide training and consultation to faculty and staff on effective survey research.
- Assist the office with collecting and maintaining course evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of computer systems, statistical packages, and programs such as SAS, SPSS, R, Excel, Tableau, Banner, and WebFocus.
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- In-depth knowledge of data collection methods and data dissemination tools; and solid understanding of statistical analysis.
- Strong work ethic that respects established deadlines and professionalism.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems through the identification and analysis of diverse issues.
- Basic knowledge of professional theories and practices.
- Exemplary attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Ability to work with highly confidential data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the social sciences, higher education, management information systems, evaluation or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience with database management software and/or business analytics software (e.g. SPSS, SAS, or R).
- Experience with quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Familiarity with the use of assessment in higher education.
- Master’s Degree.
- Knowledge and/or experience in assessment or institutional research program.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner student information system.
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer. Accordingly, no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, transgender status, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, separation and other terms, condition and privileges of employment.