To apply, please visit the Rutgers University Human Resources position announcement at:
Please note that all applications must go through Rutgers University Human Resources. Therefore, please do not send application materials or inquires to the Office of Institutional Research and Academic Planning.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Research Analyst for the Office of Institutional Research and Academic Planning (OIRAP). This position reports to the Associate Director and Director of Data Analytics and Management. The Research Analyst provides support for the enrollment management function at the University.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Processes and curates data to meet reporting and analytical demands.
- Compiles and maintains operational databases and producing data visualization to enhance and inform the enrollment management cycle.
- Provides bench marking, analysis and modeling assistance, and recommendations for targeted enrollment growth initiatives.
- Assists with the development of university-wide, campus, and unit-level reports and projections to inform decision-making and aid strategic planning in enrollment management.
- Ensure data integrity and reconcile data discrepancies.
- Assists with research projects and assessments related to the full enrollment management life cycle.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in applied mathematics, statistics, social science, or in a related scientific field or discipline.
- A minimum five (5) years of practical data analysis experience and experience working with end-users to develop reports, dashboard indicators, and key performance measures using various analytical tools and systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of data management and data analysis software.
- Experience using querying tools (through GUI or writing and executing code against large relational databases) and multi-dimensional concepts.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (i.e., pivot tables, cross tab queries, ODBC).
- Excellent analytical and conceptual problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegiality with faculty and staff.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives on data usage.
- Seven (7) years or more of practical data analysis experience and experience working with end-users to develop reports, dashboard indicators, and key performance measures using various analytical tools and systems.
- Experience with statistical (e.g., SAS) and/or data visualization software (e.g., Tableau).
- Experience with databases such as MS SQL and Oracle.
- A strong technical aptitude and desire to keep up with the latest technological and data management advances.
- Experience working in an enrollment management environment.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 67,000 students and 22,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at:http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview