William James College Institutional Research is seeking a Research Data Analyst (RDA) to assist in the gathering, analysis, and reporting of institutional data. This position will report to the Director for Research. The Research Data Analyst will perform routine research and data management activities and procedures. The RDA will provide research/administrative assistance to the following subunits:
- Institutional Research
- Student Outcome Measurement/Assessment
- Faculty Development
- Institutional/Program Effectiveness
- Data Governance/Management
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of standard data collection instruments (e.g., online surveys) and research methodologies (e.g., quantitative, qualitative, and/or mix-methods);
- Perform a variety of routine data collection procedures (implement online surveys, assist in recruitment, obtaining informed consent, administering protocols, conducting interviews, making direct observations, abstracting secondary data from existing records, taking notes, etc.);
- Perform a variety of routine data management procedures (e.g., coding raw data, data entry, importing/exporting data across platforms, producing basic reports, data cleaning, database maintenance);
- Perform quantitative data analysis (basic descriptive statistics and bivariate analyses; multivariate experience, etc.);
- Perform data visualization to effectively communicate results to various audiences;
- Perform qualitative data analysis to organize and analyze data for thematic content;
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy. Reconcile data discrepancies between different data sources;
- Maintain established institutional and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs and safety standards;
- Consistently apply the institution’s values of respect, honesty and fairness and the pursuit of excellence in improving the social and behavioral health status of people, institutions and communities;
- Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working group’s achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment;
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops as needed
- Master’s degree required;
- 3-5 years of experience in research-related activities;
- Experience working in an academic environment and/or institutional research setting desirable
- Knowledge of research methods, principles, ethics;
- Knowledge of outcome assessment and program evaluation Ability to perform basic data management tasks (data coding, entry, cleaning, maintenance);
- Ability to perform basic data analysis, visualization, and reporting (quantitatively, qualitatively and graphics);
- Experience using quantitative data analysis software helpful (e.g., SPSS, Excel); experience with qualitative software also helpful (e.g., MAXQDA, NVivo);
- Experience using online survey platforms helpful (e.g., Qualtrics);
- Experience using data visualization software helpful (e.g., Excel, Power BI, Tableau);
- Advanced knowledge of a programming language is a plus (e.g., R or Python)
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy in interactions, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of cross-functional teams.
- Collaborative working style with excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent consultative, project management, and problem-solving skills.