Please attach a cover letter and a resume. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who would enrich the University’s diversity are encouraged to apply.
- Creates, enhances and maintains the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) data library
- Applies research methods to the collection and analysis of University data
- Collects, analyzes and completes research projects and reports for internal and external constituencies
- Provides technical support to faculty and staff regarding research design
- Ensures timely and quality preparation for all required external data reporting, including supporting the management of annual IPEDS data submissions
- Creates and administers annual OIRA surveys and associated reports for internal and external purposes
- Collaborates with University offices to facilitate the development of actionable metrics assessing institutional performance
- Manages and performs research and data collection to support professional accreditation and assessment activities within individual schools and programs
- Assists with the development and implementation of an effective strategic plan and long-term vision for OIRA
- Manages inquiries and oversees staff work in the absence of the Executive Director
- Represents the university at regional and national meetings related to Institutional Research and Assessment
- Stays current in field of specialization by maintaining professional networks and attending seminars, workshops, and/or conferences as appropriate.
Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Master’s degree in Statistical Analysis, Social Science, Operations Research or related fields
- A minimum of three years of experience in an academic setting, extracting, analyzing, and reporting data
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an institutional research office
- Familiarity with IPEDS and other common external reporting requirements
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; attention to detail
- Experience with predictive analytics/modeling to support student enrollment, retention and other measures of student success
- Experience with SPSS or other statistical software package, Intermediate to advanced Excel skills, and Qualtrics
- Experience with Tableau and campus Student Information Systems preferred
MCPHS University, an innovator in health and professional education, is setting the pace in the health science fields. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Here, we are preparing future generations of global leaders and promoting systems to improve the health of the public. In the midst of implementing an ambitious strategic plan that will bring us to our 200th anniversary in 2023, MCPHS offers meaningful work that benefits society overall, provides competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, and fosters a sense of connectedness and collaboration among our employees. We are a fast-moving, data-driven educational institution with a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at MCPHS University, please visit Careers at MCPHS.