Deadline for Internal Applicants: February 6, 2020
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Please submit online:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Apply by clicking on the link below:
The Director of Strategic Enrollment Analysis will report to the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and Enrollment Management and will work closely with the senior leadership team in Enrollment Management, as well as with other units across the University.
The Director of Strategic Enrollment Analysis will:
- Participate in the team that provides overall direction for the development of data-driven decision-making strategies in all areas of Binghamton University's undergraduate enrollment management initiatives
- Provide analytical guidance for strategy, policy and program development
- Communicate the implications of complex data to a variety of audiences
- Develop, in collaboration with colleagues within Enrollment Management and other units as appropriate, sophisticated and innovative predictive models and research methods
- Develop data dashboards and reports to support unit-wide initiatives and requirements
- Provide overall research and analysis leadership for other research team members
- Participate as a member of the leadership team in Enrollment Management
- Work with units across Enrollment Management and other units as needed to ensure data consistency
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website accept applications until closure.
The State University of New York and Binghamton University are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Master's degree in Statistical Analysis, Social Science, or related field
- 5+ years of data analysis experience in higher education areas
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, recognize patterns and provide informed reports for decision-making
- Advanced analytical, quantitative and qualitative research skills
- 5+ years working with Banner or PeopleSoft data
- 5+ years working with SAS, SPSS, STATA, or other sophisticated analytical packages or programs
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Experience leading teams and supervising staff
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while maintaining high attention to data consistency and accuracy
- Experience in data analysis related to Enrollment Management (e.g. Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Records, Student Success)
- Advanced knowledge of data visualization presentations in software such as SAS Visual Analytics or Tableau
- Experience on a leadership team in Enrollment Analysis or Institutional Research
- Proficiency with SAS
- Proficiency in writing SQL code
- Curiosity, creativity and willingness to help drive innovation as part of a dynamic, results-focused enrollment management organization
Thank you for considering Binghamaton University in your search.
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
As an employer of New York State, we offer our employees a competitive and comprehensive set of benefits.
General benefits for faculty and staff include:
- health insurance / prescription coverage
- dental and vision insurances
- employee assistance program (EAP)
- flexible spending account (FSA) - health care, dependent care & adoption advantage care for eligible bargaining units
- retirement plans & tax deferred programs
- access to retirement planning consultations and seminars
- vacation, holiday and sick leave accruals
- college savings plan
- employee tuition assistance
It is important to realize that the benefits package is determined by the specifics of the employment relationship and eligibility requirements.
Refer to our campus Benefits at a Glance page, https://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/employee-benefits/benefits-at-a-glance.html for details.