• Collaborate with departments, divisions and the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) to create and improve data products used to drive decision making. This process involves helping various constituencies to: define data based questions, understand the limits of available data, describe how data will be used, build processes to produce relevant data, and understand and use data reports.
• In a manner that respects variations in data competencies, explain college, state and external data to a wide range of constituencies including but not limited to President's Cabinet, divisional leadership, faculty and staff and the Board of Trustees.
• Collaborate with instructional leaders, faculty, and staff to measure and track all student success measures.
• Lead college-wide strategic and unit level planning including development of metrics, review activities, including annual reports on progress toward plan goals and tracking planning efforts at division and unit levels.
• Direct official college survey development, delivery and analysis including developing and executing college-wide survey procedures, and manage the use of national normed instruments.
• Lead external research projects including creation of a college environmental scan every three years, the college's labor market research and the k-12 monitoring data.
• Supervise ERG staff including hiring, providing training and development, assigning work, evaluating performance, resolving grievances, and taking corrective action.
• Oversee the work of the Grant Development Office
• Serve as the Institutional Review Board (IRB) Chair and direct the work of the IRB to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Five (5) years of demonstrated expertise in statistical and qualitative analysis in education research
• Five (5) years demonstrated expertise in creating data based reports
• Five (5) years demonstrated expertise in explaining data to non-technical audiences
• Three (3) years management and supervisory experience
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, organize and oversee complex work processes, process improvements or projects
• Proficiency with survey methodology, including instrument design and effective administration techniques
• Proficiency with software products used in statistical analysis (e.g., Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS), Statistical Analysis System (SAS), data manipulation (e.g., MS Access, SQL, Excel) and display (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
• Demonstrated experience using metrics to evaluate planning goals, student success, and equity.
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a high level of sensitivity to diversity and a commitment to cultural pluralism in the work place and research activities
• Ability to build capacity within the college to learn from prior and existing initiatives in order to determine future directions for the college.
• Ability to keep informed of research on emerging best practices for student success.
• Ability to serve as an advisor and resource to guide student success improvements, based on researched best practices.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.