Submit Applications/Resumes To:
Director of Human Resources
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Address: MS Community College Board
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211
Application Procedure: To be considered, interested applicants must submit a complete application file to include:
- Mississippi Community College Board application (available here: http://www.mccb.edu/pdfs/fn/MCCBemploymentapplication.pdf);
- Cover letter
- College transcripts
- Three letters of reference written for this specific position.
This is a professional administrative position that requires independent judgment, a high level of initiative, and the ability to plan, organize, and direct operations and activities related to the research and planning effectiveness functions at a state educational agency. The position works with the Deputy Executive Director to create and develop strategies and activities to enhance the agency’s and the colleges’ ability to generate accurate reports and statistics. Incumbent must demonstrate the ability to conduct quality institutional research, interpret findings, and disseminate results in narrative or graphic form. The position is responsible for overseeing the workforce monitoring and enrollment audit functions of the Agency. The position is responsible for maintaining auditing guidelines to ensure consistency and adherence to state and federal laws. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the integrity of all agency data and for developing and administering survey instruments and research, as required, to support external and internal data requests, federal and state reporting, and agency decision-making processes. The incumbent assists the Finance Deputy Executive Director in the preparation of fund reimbursements by providing accurate and detailed credit data.
Examples of Work:
- Plans and conducts research for use by the Board in the formulation and establishment of policy.
- Works with the colleges to ensure prompt, valid, and reliable credit and noncredit data uploads to Agency databases
- Interacts with Diploma Sender and National Student Clearinghouse on behalf of the colleges to ensure data provided by students is correct.
- Serves as the liaison between the MCCB and nSPARC on issues related to data.
- Coordinates with nSPARC and the colleges in the preparation of the yearly Report Card.
- Uploads the colleges’ yearly data to the Southern Region Educational Board (SREB).
- Serves as the liaison between the MCCB and the Council of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (CIRE).
- Responsible for federal and state reporting requirements, as well as the compilation and publication of annual reports.
- Generates annual and on-demand reports of the National Career Readiness Certificates (NCRC).
- Responds to all internal and external data requests.
- Maintains the Research and Effectiveness webpage, providing up-to-date and accessible information of relevance to the Colleges, the Legislature, the Public, and the Board. This includes generating interactive (Tableau) visualizations to assist researchers.
- Maintains the Enrollment Audit and Reporting Guidelines.
- Responsible for the annual data conference to convey updates to the Guidelines, review legislative and policy changes, exchange research ideas and improve quality of data.
- Works closely with IT staff in the retrieval and management of data.
- Supervises the enrollment monitoring staff to ensure accurate data is generated for fund disbursement.
- Assists the Finance division with preparing the reimbursements based on the funding formula, and in the preparation of the colleges’ MS Budget Requests (MBR).
- Prepares and delivers clear and effective oral and written presentations for internal and external constituents.
- Maintains knowledge of current issues in higher education and recommends review of problems for investigation, analysis, and research.
- Attends various data conferences including IPEDS, SREB, MAIR, MBUG and others.
- Assists with the planning functions of the Agency.
- Represents MCCB in professional dress, demeanor and daily discharge of duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
A master's degree (doctorate preferred) from an accredited college or university and nine (9) graduate semester hours in research or experimental methodology and statistics.
Flexible Spending Accounts