Assistant Director, Assessment
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions immediately
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
The Assistant Director, Assessment provides leadership and operational oversight of IDA+A (Institutional Data Analytics & Assessment) employees responsible for analyses of student longitudinal performance on grades, DFW, retention and graduation rates, and other measures of student success and will provide leadership of campus-wide learning outcome assessment efforts including the design and implementation of evaluation and assessment systems and programs. Leads a team of assessment and data analysts who are responsible for assessing and analyzing, at the programmatic level, improvement in core learning outcomes (e.g., critical thinking or integrative knowledge) for students. Coordinates campus-wide accreditation efforts. Provide leadership and administrative supervision to assigned staff.
- Bachelor’s degree with academic preparation in areas such as program evaluation, assessment, measurement, research, or related field
- 6 years of experience designing and launching assessment tools, including data collection, analysis, and reporting or related experience
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of required education and years of experience
- Demonstrated supervision and leadership skills
- Ability to apply appropriate statistical techniques for the analyses of assessment and institutional data
- Knowledge of research methods with ability to consult with constituents on needs
- Ability to work effectively and communicate with senior level administrators, faculty, staff, and students
- Effective presentation and written communication skills
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum of issues nationally in higher education as well as federally mandated reporting
Purdue is a Research I, land grant institution institution, celebrating its 150 year anniversary.
Application Due Date: 2020-02-14
Job Start Date: 2020-03-02
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
City: West Lafayette
Institution: Purdue University
Reports To: Director
Staff # Reporting to Position: 5
Reports In Office: Institutional Data Analytics + Assessment (IDA+A)
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
View All Jobs by Posting Date Post a Job