Application reviews will begin immediately and will continue until the Data / Business Analytics Instructional Faculty position is filled. To apply for the position, upload your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcripts to https://www.ace.edu/about/careers.
American College of Education is working on building the M.S. in Data Analytics program, in which this position would help build the curriculum, work on course development, and create assessments prior to launch.
Instructional Faculty for American College of Education maintain a strong academic presence and growth in professional development for teaching, scholarly or creative works, and service to the profession and to the college. They serve the college in two capacities: primarily, instructional presence and secondarily, “presence” tasks including conducting professional development webinars, information sessions and similar activities.
Faculty with some administrative roles serve primarily as fully employed faculty with a limited percentage of leadership responsibilities, as defined by the specific job description. Instructional Faculty report and work directly under the department or program leadership, who oversees annual performance reviews from a faculty perspective: 1) academic and teaching responsibilities, 2) service to students, department, college, and community, and 3) professional development, such as scholarly and professional activity.
- Interacts directly with students in an appropriate, professional manner.
- Facilitates a safe and productive learning environment for students.
- Responds in a timely manner to student requests for information, clarification of content, posts, and personal queries, and contacts inactive students as the need arises.
- Oversees the quality of the course by reviewing the functionality and content, ensuring high quality delivery of content.
- Expands the student experience by “fingerprinting” the course content with unique personal experience, insights, or other professional knowledge.
- Monitors and provides appropriate student feedback on assignments within college policies.
- Synthesizes and reports student performance data in a timeline manner.
- Reviews ACE courses within the department and aiding in the revision process to strengthen courses and alignments as needed.
- Supports students by producing or assisting with the production of student-support materials (handbooks, instructional videos, guides, etc).
- Upholds ACE policies and procedures and offers feedback and ideas for improvement to policies and processes.
- Assist with researching opportunities for the programs within the department.
- Works collaboratively with departments outside of ACE to support student engagement and success.
- Aids student learning of ethical conduct, particularly related to plagiarism and copyright infringement; follows appropriate procedures in reporting infractions.
- Promotes the vision, mission and culture of the college within and beyond the institution.
- Provides appropriate leadership within one’s individual sphere of influence.
- Conducts professional development webinars to enhance faculty performance.
- Maintains a professional and technical knowledge of the curricula and industry by participating in leading edge educational workshops/seminars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies. This includes maintaining a deep knowledge of emerging issues and trends related to the department.
- Ensures the quality of program and course offerings by supporting and promoting research.
- Demonstrates self-reliance by meeting/exceeding workflow needs.
- Follows established processes as outlined by the Department Chair.
- Completes assigned duties based on daily business needs and individual skill set.
- Consistently produces a high volume of quality work.
- Capable, and adapts as needed, to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel.
- Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and a team-player.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Builds and maintains student satisfaction.
- Recognizes and anticipates student needs.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Earned terminal degree or demonstrates exceptional content knowledge at the master’s level in a field associated with the department.
- 5+ years’ experience in business, teaching, and leadership in a formal educational setting using both traditional and non-traditional teaching formats; higher education strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully developing online/virtual professional relationships.
- Evidence of professional research, creative endeavors, or achievement in practice demonstrating expertise in the field of business.
- 1 year or more experience as an online faculty member at ACE preferred.
- Proven business experience, leadership experience, or higher education experience is preferred.
- Capable of interpreting and writing an analysis of sophisticated educational research documents.
- Current knowledge of online principles and techniques.
- Skill in using Microsoft Office Suite applications proficiently.
- Ability to use or learn how to use appropriate technology, include conferencing and learning management systems.
- Understands and practices appropriate relationships between students, collegial and leadership.
The mission of American College of Education is to deliver high-quality, affordable and accessible online programs grounded in evidence-based content and relevant application. We prepare graduates to serve, lead, and achieve personal and professional goals in diverse, evolving communities.