Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested qualified applicants are requested to send a cover letter, current CV, supporting documents, and the names of three references with full contact information (References will not be contacted without consent from applicants), to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Providing strategic and operational leadership for institutional research.
- Developing reports to assist University leadership in the formulation of issues, analysis of trends, and strategic planning.
- Analyzing data to support decision‐making and preparation of standard reports.
- Providing relevant, timely and accurate information to the administration in support of program review, planning, budgeting and decision‐making process at the University.
- Designing and conducting research projects of importance and interest to the University community and disseminating through various venues, including an IR website.
- Consulting with University Information Technology Services for developing and maintaining database solutions and implementation of new information technologies in support of institutional research needs.
- Compiling, analyzing, and disseminating quantitative data on facets of the University and related educational issues, including areas such as institutional characteristics, enrollments, student success, student retention, student transfer activities, enrollment projections, grades, other student performance indicators, faculty, and fiscal affairs.
- Monitoring the overall integrity of data.
- Providing necessary support for the University's organizational effectiveness, planning, accreditation, evaluation, and program assessment activities; and works with campus constituencies to develop metrics to measure institutional effectiveness.
- Master’s degree, doctorate preferred, with a focus on data processing research methods and statistical analysis in a higher education environment.
- Five years’ experience (seven years preferred) of institutional research, or a demonstrated record of comparable professional experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing large databases and using database management software to query and handle data. Experience with Banner is necessary.
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Details oriented, critical thinking ability to see and consider the bigger picture.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), the nation’s first university, was established as a government-sponsored, federal institution with a focus on intellect, culture, and science. Its campuses for men and women are located in the city of Al-Ain. The University’s vision is to become an internationally distinguished comprehensive research university. Over the 40 years since its inception, UAEU has evolved from an undergraduate teaching institution to a comprehensive university with much greater emphasis on a research mission, which has led to several important initiatives, including the establishment of the Science and Innovation Park and research centers in areas of national importance. Its teaching and research activities are focused within nine degree-granting colleges, supported by the University College and the College of Graduate Studies. These colleges offer about 100 degrees at undergraduate and graduate levels. The University has over 3,300 faculty and staff serving about 14,000 students. For additional information about UAEU, please consult the University website at www.uaeu.ac.ae.
- Tax-exempt compensation package
- Housing provided
- Furniture allowance
- Employer-paid comprehensive health insurance
- Educational allowance for children
- Annual airline tickets for employee and family members
- End of service gratuity