- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills; ability to guide, manage and motivate staff.
- Well-developed statistical skills and analytical abilities; demonstrated proficiency in data analytics and managing data both with statistical packages/programming languages, databases, and presentation software applications.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; strong problem-solving skills; high quality standards and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on complex efforts across a broad range of constituents to accomplish organizational level initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively.
- Detail-oriented, able to follow-up and follow-through to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated passion for supporting an organization’s mission.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality of privileged information and perform duties that require independent judgement and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with standard office software packages, e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; proficiency with Tableau.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, team based, deadline-oriented environment; the ability to effectively manage complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Strong diplomacy skills and ability to handle the conflicting needs of multiple constituents.
- Demonstrated adaptability and ability to be both versatile and flexible, an openness and willingness to the thoughts and opinions of others and openness to change.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement in processes and efficiencies, create new approaches, and plan accordingly to implement such changes.
- A desire to learn and a commitment to excellence.
- An engaging team player.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, and Assessment (O-IEPA) within the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy aims to support a collaborative and coordinated approach to assessment, sound decision-making, and planning using data that have been thoughtfully collected, critically interpreted, and discussed widely.
Core functions of the office include: a) student learning outcomes assessment; b) programmatic evaluation of the professional and graduate degree programs; c) overall data access, management and reporting; e) strategic planning assessment; and f) institutional effectiveness/impact assessment, planning, and reporting. The O-IEPA will facilitate the ability of the School to make more informed decisions, better assess needs, set priorities, understand the impact of change, and fulfill their responsibilities more efficiently and effectively.