Florida Tech is currently searching for an experienced IR professional to join the Institutional Research and Effectiveness office as the Senior IR Analyst .This is a full-time position.
The primary responsibility of this position is the analysis of institutional data to support the AVP of Institutional Research and Effectiveness in building a culture of data-informed decision-making on campus. This work will include the regular and on-going analysis of university survey data, student success metrics, enrollment management trends, academic data, and KPIs. Responsibilities will also include support for survey design and administration, conducting ad hoc studies, and the use development of visualizations and dashboards to effectively convey information.
- Data Analysis: Extracts and manipulates complex data sets, performs statistical analysis of data, and interprets/organizes results into meaningful reports that can be acted upon for internal and external constituencies; manages data sets; verifies data to ensure data integrity. Prepares reports and analyses in support of other key institutional activities and strategic plan goals.
•Data Visualization: Develops and enhances office data presentation and visualization; focus on developing standard reports and templates that can be run by end-users; utilizes visualization and self-service reporting to increase efficiency and support end user needs;
•Survey Administration and Analysis: Supports the university use of Qualtrics survey software. Develops and provide end-user training on both the system and survey design. Supports the administration and analysis of data from key university surveys such as NSSE.
•Other IRE Activities: Collaborate regularly and use institutional research and institutional effectiveness data. Cross-train on key IR reporting functions.
•Additional institutional research and effectiveness tasks as needed.
Education / skills required:
- Experience in institutional research, education research, or higher education administration required.
- Master's degree is strongly preferred. Bachelor's degree is required.
- Educational background (and/or experience) emphasizing quantitative skills and research methods (e.g. Mathematics, Education Research, Statistics, Social Science, etc.).
- Excellent analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills; ability to analyze and interpret data; ability to produce both descriptive and inferential statistical analyses; proficiency in a statistical analysis software (Base SAS, SPSS syntax, STATA, etc.);
- Experience using Microsoft Power BI or Tableau strongly preferred; demonstrated ability to use other software packages including Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated experience in survey research, design, administration, and analysis; demonstrated understanding of higher education database; ability to merge data from different sources;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills; ability to relay complex statistical results in an organized and easily understandable way; excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, as well as ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks and deadlines; ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience required.
To learn more see - https://www.fit.edu/who-we-are/