This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness (OIR&E) in the Office of Academic Affairs. In conjunction with the Executive Director of OIR&E, this position will interact with the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs when appropriate to discuss outcomes of various surveys and projects.
The position will provide administrative and technical support to the Executive Director and is responsible for providing analytical support at various levels by creating and maintaining data and information, providing statistical analyses, administering institutional wide surveys and responding to survey and ad-hoc information requests.
(1) Knowledgeable about administrative requirements for major surveys conducted by the University
a. Familiarity with requirements, type of distribution, e.g. paper vs. electronic etc.
(2) Coordinates the acquisition, dissemination, collection and analysis of the following institutional assessment surveys:
a. Freshmen Survey (CIRP)
b. Higher Education Research Institute (HERI) Faculty Survey
c. Junior and Senior Interim Survey
d. Student Satisfaction Inventory and Institutional Priorities Surveys
(3) Works with appropriate personnel to collect information required for surveys, e.g. questions, marketing, notifications etc.
(4) Works with Academic Affairs to host forums and other information sharing events.
(1) Responsible for state required Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI) Reporting
a. Duties include gathering UIC codes and annual reporting of data
(2) Assists the Executive Director of OIR&E with the following responsibilities:
a. Non major requests for data from external sources
b. Gainful Employment Reporting and Disclosures
c. Veteran’s related reporting
d. Board of Trustees updates
e. Detroit Mercy Program Review
f. Assisting the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research.
REBUILD GRANT DUTIES
(1) Attend monthly BUILD-CEC CWEP conference call
(2) Attend monthly ReBUILDetroit M&E Workgroup Meeting
(3) Work with ReBUILD Data Analyst to gather and analyze statistical data
All other duties as assigned.
• Experience in data collection, analysis, and report development.
• Experience using data analytic software and technologies including SPSS, Argos, SQL, and MS Office Suite products.
• Experience in Institutional Research or higher education preferred.
• Experience with Banner preferred.
• Ability to analyze data with accuracy and precision
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with data and reports that include sensitive information
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Extreme attention to detail