Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social science or other field for which data analysis and broad research and analytical skills are learned and two to four years of related experience. Related Master’s degree and one to two years of related experience preferred.
Preferred skills and experience include:
- Related experience working in a higher education institution and/or system office preferred;
- Knowledge of higher education operations and policy issues, including but not necessarily limited to: academic programs, admissions, financial aid, facilities, and registrar activities;
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to communicate with wide variety of stakeholders;
- Data visualization experience, particularly SAS Visual Analytics and/or Tableau software;
- Coursework and/or experience with survey design and implementation; familiarity with Qualtrix software a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- A commitment to accuracy.
- Advanced analytical and research training;
- Familiarity with data retrieval and statistical packages (SAS preferred);
- Business analysis experience such as writing/editing process documentation, writing/editing instruction manuals, or conducting user training;
- Subject matter expertise in one or more IR reporting areas: student enrollment, academic programs, courses, admissions, human resources, facilities, or financial aid.
- Knowledge of the higher education data reporting systems, federal reporting requirements (including, but not limited to IPEDS), and state reporting requirements (North Carolina experience preferred);
- An understanding and familiarity of the K-12 public school system, NC Community College System, the UNC System, and the NC Association of Independent Colleges and Universities; and
- Participation in higher education data reporting systems such as Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Common Data Set (CDS), and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accreditation.