To apply, electronically please submit your letter of interest, resume, and/or Curriculum Vitae to http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/97212
The Assessment Specialist is responsible for assisting the Division of Student Affairs (DSA) with developing assessment projects and appropriate measurement tools, as well as collecting, analyzing, and reporting assessment data for continuous improvement purposes at various organizational levels. This position supports a broad range of assessment needs for the staff and programs of the DSA. This position will report to the Director of Assessment and Planning for the Division of Student Affairs.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelor’s degree in a research or analytical field of study, such as, statistics, social sciences, educational research, or a closely related field or equivalent experience.
- One to three years of experience in assessment, research, and program evaluation, or other applied research fields, involving project design, data analysis and reporting.
- Experience with statistical packages such as, SAS, SPSS, or R to perform statistical tests
- including correlation analysis, One-Way ANOVA, linear regression, etc.
- Experience in survey design and other data collection tools such as rubrics.
- Experience with developing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative assessment projects.
- Experience with project using both direct and indirect measures.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrates initiative as it pertains to the duties and responsibilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary to relay data issues and data analysis findings in an organized and easily understandable fashion.
- Strong organization skills, diligent attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities, and ability to meet deadlines.
- A strong customer service orientation with impeccable ethical judgement, and ability to coordinate activities in a collegial manner both within the office and with other colleagues.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Master’s degree in a research or analytical field of study, such as, statistics, social sciences,
- educational research, or a closely related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of college student learning and development theories and application of theories to practice.
- Knowledge of or experience in college student services and administrative functional areas.
- Experience with assessment management and data collection platform, such as AMS and
- campus labs.
- Ability to effectively develop graphical visualization of assessment findings.
- Knowledge of visualization software such as Power BI and Tableau.
- Assessment, program evaluation, or research experience in higher education/Student services and administrative settings.
- Ability to learn and apply emerging technologies and, as necessary, to perform duties in an
- efficient, organized, and timely manner.
- Advanced degree in a research or analytical field of study, such as, statistics, social sciences,
- educational research, or a closely related field.
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), a premier urban, public research university in the state seeks to hire an Assessment Specialist to join the Division of Student Affairs. Through our programs, services, and facilities, the Division of Student Affairs at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) champions holistic student development by fostering inclusive communities and providing dynamic, integrative learning experiences that prepare our students to be thoughtfully engaged contributors to the global community.