To ensure consideration, qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume through this link https://www.xavier.edu/working-at-xavier/ by February 17, 2020.
This position will focus on support and expansion of the University’s operational reporting capabilities in support of the university’s business processes, data-informed decision-making, and strategic planning activities. The position will report to the Director of Institutional Research.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design, develop and/or modify reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT).
- Work with end-users throughout the university to capture end-user requirements and produce accurate reports according to their specifications.
- Research data and data relationships
- Interact with end-users as a technical resource to troubleshoot problems with reports and applications.
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Train end users in the use of SSRS and Report Builder, when needed.
- Manage the access given to users of the reporting environment and other applications as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field; or equivalent experience.
1-3 years of experience with report development work with SSRS within Visual Studio. Proven experience working directly with end-users to translate business requirements into reporting solutions. Intermediate SQL skills. Experience with MS SQL Server. Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with varied audiences within the university. Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities requiring a strong work ethic that stresses delivery of accurate data.
Preferred Experience: Prior experience with Banner by Ellucian.