- Creates, enhances and maintains datasets for OIRA’s data library. Applies research methods in the collection and analysis of University data.
- Works closely with the Director and other University personnel to assure that data is available to support planning and decision making.
- Completes mandated reports and surveys for internal use and external agencies.
- Conducts independent research and data analysis.
- Works with other offices to facilitate the development of actionable metrics assessing institutional performance.
- Develops, in collaboration with the Director, an effective vision, strategic plan and procedure for OIRA.
- Collaborates with Admissions, the Registrar, Human Resources and Financial Aid to access data and maintain data integrity.
- Performs job functions in a collegial and professional manner and communicates in a clear and timely fashion.
- Works independently as a member of a team with varying skillsets.
- Represents the college at state and local meetings.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned by supervisor.
- A master's degree in Statistical Analysis, Social Science, Operations Research or a related field
- A minimum of one year of experience in an academic setting, extracting, analyzing, and reporting data
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of research designs, statistical methods, and survey methodologies
- Experience with SPSS or other statistical software package, Qualtrics, and intermediate-advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Demonstrated experience using Tableau or other data visualization/dashboard tools
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with predictive analytics/modelling to support student enrollment, retention and success measures is a plus