To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume (no longer than two pages each) as a single PDF file to the CGS job application portal: https://careers.cgsnet.org/jobs/13365822/analyst. The position is open until filled; however, the review of applications will begin on Monday, February 24, 2020. Selected applicants will be contacted to schedule telephone interviews, which is the next step.
EOE/AA. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Additional Salary Information: Excellent and comprehensive fringe benefit package is offered by the Council of Graduate Schools
Under the general direction of VP/R, the Analyst serves as a task lead for various activities related to benchmarking, policy analysis, and research projects that are essential to the Council of Graduate Schools’ mission, primarily in the management of various CGS project and enterprise data—both qualitative and quantitative data.
DATA MANAGEMENT & ANALYSIS:
- Create and maintain databases for various CGS project and enterprise data, including but not limited to the CGS/GRE Survey of Graduate Enrollment & Degrees, CGS International Graduate Admissions Survey, Meeting Evaluations, and Member Directory Survey.
- Work closely with internal data users and understand and address their data needs.
- Clean, merge, create, and recode variables to prepare data for analyses and other internal/external uses.
- Write detailed documentation/specifications for data files and other related materials, such as codebooks.
- Perform data quality assurance checks and identify potential problems with data.
- Assist in answering or routing technical questions related to data collection efforts.
- Prepare data tables, figures, and other publication-quality visualization for internal and external consumptions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by VP/R.
Position Requirements and Required Skills:
- Passion for higher education, particularly for master’s and doctoral education;
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (e.g., computer science, information studies, business administration, etc.) is required, but preference will be given to those with a relevant master’s degree.
- Proficiency in Excel and Excel Macro, SPSS and SPSS Syntax, Stata, online survey technology (e.g., Qualtrics), and CRM platforms is required.
- High proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite applications is required.
- Demonstrated ability to use web-based data dissemination and visualization platforms (e.g., Tableau) is an asset.
- Prior experience in managing large-scale datasets, as well as working for an institutional research or business inteligence unit for an accredited higher education institution is an asset.
- Must be a highly motivated professional who can work with minimal supervision, and be able to work effectively and collegially in a team environment.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
The hiring range is $55,000 to $65,000 per year, commensurate with experience. CGS offers a generous and comprehensive benefit package. Relocation assistance is not provided for this position. The position is based in Washington, D.C. and CGS does not offer a telework option.