Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/53308BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Finance and Administration and advisory to the Dean, the Institutional Research (IR) Analyst will lead institutional research for YSN, analyzing internal, peer and market data to support the study of issues relevant to the school and will ensure that the IR assets of YSN are supported by an architecture that aids the school in achieving its strategic goals. The analyst will provide critical information to support YSN decision-making and policy development. The analyst will bring high levels of precision and rigor to data maintenance and analysis as data elements may have multiple definitions and audiences. This position will collect, refine, manage and effectively communicate data from internal and external information systems, surveys, and data stewards. The analyst will interpret accreditation criteria and ensure that the appropriate data are collected, analyzed, and reported in compliance with CCNE. The analyst will establish relationships and collaborate with multiple offices, including YSN Student Affairs, Enrollment Management, Business Office, Advancement, Faculty Affairs and Research and will serve as a liaison to Yale OIR. As a leader supporting real-time decision-making, the analyst will need to be comfortable independently prioritizing multiple requests across a diverse set of constituents.
Required Education and Experience:
Master's Degree in a related discipline and four years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to design data analysis on the basis of a broad question and to determine the best data source(s) to answer a question.
- Demonstrated understanding of key data sets and outcome measures used in higher education to inform institutional policy and decision-making.
- Proven success working with large, complex data sets and managing data quality – both for statistical analysis and ongoing data management. Extensive experience in and strong passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data.
- Demonstrated success with designing analysis based on a broad question. Interest in determining the best data source(s) to answer a question.
- Demonstrated ability to react to changing technologies and adapt to changes in work demands and priorities.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Familiarity with the latest theories on educational outcome measurement, including student and faculty outcomes. Experience with national reporting models such as US News and World Report Rankings, CCNE accreditation, and IPEDs. Degree in data science or education.
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.