Reporting to the Asst. Director of Institutional Analytics, the Marketing Analyst provides analytical support for the mission and strategic initiatives of the college. The analyst’s responsibilities include data analysis, data visualization, and reporting that informs planning, decision-making, analytical studies, and assessment. Key responsibilities include providing insightful reporting and actionable insights for marketing, enrollment, and finance departments.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains reporting metrics, provides data extracts, and conducts analyses on website and social media metrics.
- Manages reporting of marketing channel performance as related to cost per lead, conversion performance, and channel selection.
- Extracts, analyzes, and reports on digital marketing performance though Google Analytics, digital marketing reports and systems, and data site-crawl tools.
- Owns the data collection process from start to finish including determining the best ways to capture both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Designs reporting visuals and dashboards in conjunction with developers that are intuitive and help tell the story behind the data (Power BI).
- Runs ad-hoc analyses to identify and recommend innovative options to drive business strategies.
- Performs research to identify industry trends and best practices.
- Constructively challenges current methods to identify areas of improvement and deliver improved results.
- Assists with compliance reports, accreditation requirements and other regulatory data submissions as needed.
- Partners with subject matter experts in various departments to define project requirements.
- Performs data validation and testing on all new reports and provides user training as needed.
- Works with outside vendors to complete reporting projects and initiatives.
- Supports institutional reporting to external and internal stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Best Practices and Core Competencies:
- Demonstrates self-reliance by meeting/exceeding reporting quality expectations.
- Follows established processes as outlined by manager and team members.
- Capable and adapts, as needed, to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and works well with other department personnel.
- Ability to retrieve, analyze, and present data in meaningful formats (tables, charts, graphs) to various audiences.
- Ability to identify business needs and develop valuable solutions to drive data accuracy and process efficiency.
- Must support and embrace the College’s B Corp mission to improve the people and communities we serve through our civic engagement initiatives.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Recognizes and anticipates organizational needs.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required; applied mathematics or data analytics preferred.
- Experience managing Google Analytics required.
- Experience with Dynamics CRM (or similar) preferred.
- SSRS, SQL, Power BI or other similar tool/language experience is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with technical contractors.
- 2-3 years of experience analyzing marketing, educational, financial, operational, or regulatory datasets.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
The mission of American College of Education is to deliver high-quality, affordable and accessible online programs grounded in evidence-based content and relevant application. We prepare graduates to serve, lead, and achieve personal and professional goals in diverse, evolving communities.
American College of Education wants to be students’ first choice for online programs in education and healthcare, as well as programs leading to initial teacher licensure, and we need outstanding professionals to make it happen. We look for people who can maintain our commitment to education excellence and build ACE with high-quality, low-cost degree programs. Providing the education that professionals need to improve their practice gives ACE employees the opportunity to improve their futures as well.
American College of Education is an institution of higher learning with the same potential for higher earning you may expect to find at a major corporation. We offer competitive benefits, too. All of this is wrapped in a work environment that values you as an individual and enables you to enjoy a life beyond your career at ACE.