Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity/compliance/nondiscrim
The Director serves as the central liaison and key contact with BC departments, helping to ensure that data are employed as a critical asset in key areas of decision-making. The Director will be a data storyteller with exceptional ability to analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources, articulate implications and options in an effective manner, and produce research and reports that are accurate and contribute to building a more data-informed culture. In collaboration with the VP, the Director will:
- Set the strategic direction and priorities for IR projects, data governance policies, and communications.
- Develop and implement creative new ways to support and advance the IR&P mission and functions to ensure that IR&P’s work moves forward and is integrated into the University’s priorities.
- Advocate for further development of data systems as more sophisticated tools for decision-making are created, and for creating operating structures and systems that allow IR to provide research, reporting and predictive analytics resources.
- Support campus capacity to use data to respond to external demands and inform strategic campus priorities.
- Take ownership of the collection, analysis & interpretation, reporting, and maintenance of BC’s critical data entities. Ensures data are collected accurately, analyzed rigorously, used appropriately, and shared with stakeholders to make data-informed decisions.
- Determine project prioritization.
- Ensure review and shaping of IR policies by staying abreast of the higher ed landscape.
- Work with teams to help them use data and analytics to design/implement a range of planning, business & operational solutions.
- Collaborate with others to continuously improve the institution's processes for data collection, analyses & reporting activities.
- Serve as a data steward, providing insight to BC leaders on how they might analyze data or make informed decisions.
- Guide users in their efforts to respond to internal and external data requests.
- Enhance the department's influence by representing the department at local/national conferences and on committees.
- Identify key questions and analytic needs through stakeholder engagement, and oversee the production of statistical analyses to empower decision-making.
- Seek out and incorporate relevant data, and combine/model data from multiple sources into analyses to provide insights and inform strategy.
- Direct the design, administration & analysis of data collection through surveys, questionnaires, interviews and focus groups.
- Develop and disseminate reports that provide targeted recommendations based on research results.
- Have significant responsibility for formulating and administering IR policy and partner with others in implementing data governance, maintaining institutional data sets, and formulating policy & procedures.
- Leverage technology to assist in the collection/analysis of data.
- Supervise and oversee the development staff and interns charged with reporting and data administration, allocating tasks in an equitable manner that helps team members develop additional expertise.
- Assign & support projects within the IR working team, including both direct & indirect reports.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in higher ed settings.
- Strong understanding of higher ed policies and practices.
Tuition remission for Employees
Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
Generous Medical, and Dental Insurance
Low-Cost Life Insurance
Eligibility for both 401K and University Funded 403B Retirement Plans
Paid Holidays Annually
Generous Sick, and Vacation Pay
Additional benefits can be found on www.bc.edu/employeehandbook