Please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with contact information
The Lead Data Analyst duties and responsibilities include:
- Apply high-level statistical methodology to conduct in-depth and sophisticated analyses to data gathered through surveys and other venues to support the University’s decision-making process.
- Understand the knowledge requirement of decision-making via listening and learning from decision-makers and University constituents.
- Conduct scholarly and applied research and studies that generate insightful information for the University, including utilizing a national and regional database, literature, and benchmarking.
- Create and estimate causal models of social, educational, and economic phenomena.
- Provide core analytical support in the process of developing, refining, and implementing enrollment, financial, and other forecasting models.
- Provide close support to the analytical needs under the University’s new RCM and CRM systems.
- Access and perform moderately complex query functions of databases and/or data warehouses based on informational need requirements.
- Evaluate and perform the necessary verification processes of data sources to provide consistent and valid information.
- Complete several external surveys (low importance ones)
- Identify, gather, and organize data to provide accurate and timely information.
- Conduct or participate in workshops, committees, and conferences designed for analytical data collection and dissemination.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Statistics, social research or related field
- Experience in a higher education setting
- Strong data retrieval, organization, and analytical skills
- Experience with statistical modeling and software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R)
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
Kansas State University employees take pride in making a difference in nearly 22,000 lives at the nation's first operational land-grant university. In fact, the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities recently designated K-State as an Innovation and Economic Prosperity University. As the Princeton Review's No. 4 university in the nation for quality of life, K-State also takes pride in its employees. K-State was also named one of America's Best-in-State Employers (Forbes, 2019). Beyond offering an unmatched sense of community and inclusiveness, K-State provides employees with a variety of benefits, including health care, retirement options, discounted event tickets and much more.
Of course, our employees also are members of the Manhattan community, Livability.com's #16 place to live in the nation, featuring eclectic restaurants, a treasure trove of shopping and, of course, plenty of purple.