Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Institutional Research (50%)
- Conduct institutional research projects and manage the institution’s annual and multi-year data and report production calendar.
- Generate, prepare, and organize data files from the University's student information system and other data systems.
- Conduct interpretive data analyses using sound statistical and quantitative methods and qualitative thematic methods.
- Prepare and present analytical reports, including narrative and graphical representations of summary data and conclusions, in written form and through public presentations.
- Collect, organize, prepare, and disseminate institutional data, reports, and assessment results for decision making, institutional planning, and continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain an institutional library, data repository, data dashboard, and fact book.
- Coordinate the compilation and submission of data for local, state, federal, accreditation, and other external professional and institutional reports.
- Ensure integrated and efficient processes to support institutional research needs, tasks, and reporting.
Institutional Assessment (25%)
- Coordinate the annual and multi-year schedule institutional assessments.
- Coordinate completion of annual non-academic unit assessment plans.
- Assist non-academic units in the development and management of assessment tools, methods of measurement, and surveys instruments.
Institutional Support and Engagement (25%)
- Collaborate on data integrity and quality assurance efforts.
- Collaborate with University colleagues on regularly scheduled data reporting and ad hoc data requests and reporting.
- Support and collaborate in activities across the University related to institutional research and effectiveness; internal and external reporting; non-academic and academic assessment; student retention and persistence; academic program reviews; institutional and programmatic accreditation; and strategic planning.
- Train groups and individuals in data and assessment collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Serve on university committees.
- Monitor, research, and communicate higher education institutional research, assessment and effectiveness trends and best practices.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a quantitative, data analytics, evaluation, assessment, or related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in higher education institutional research and effectiveness.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong data presentation skills, including narrative and graphical representations of data analyses and conclusions.
- Experience using statistical software applications such as SPSS, Excel (advanced skills), and data visualization software.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle and complete multiple projects concurrently.
- Effective oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience extracting and manipulating data from student information systems.
- Experience with external compliance reporting (e.g. state, federal IPEDS).
Skills and Abilities
- Successful completion of an analytical skills and data presentation skills assessment.
Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) is one of the nation's leading academic institutions for integrative health and wellness. For nearly 40 years, MUIH has educated and informed practitioners and leaders in health and wellness through transformative and relationship-centered programs that draw from contemporary science and traditional wisdom. Progressive graduate degrees in a wide range of disciplines are offered both on campus and online. The on-site Natural Care Center offers compassionate and affordable healthcare provided by clinical student interns in University Teaching Clinics and from highly skilled faculty practitioners. For staff and faculty, MUIH offers a collaborative and vibrant work environment that is mission and values driven.