The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Assistant Vice President for Planning and Assessment and the Director of Assessment to:
- Support assessment of student learning, including providing data, methodological support, survey support, data dissemination, and consultation to programs within Academic Affairs;
- Collaborate with partner units in the technical implementation and support of an institution-wide assessment process;
- Help build capacity for assessment at the institutional and program levels;
- Assist in developing and maintaining online assessment and data systems (TK20, BlackBoard Outcomes, and Nuventive)
- Assist faculty in timely and accurate acquisition of program- or institutional-level data for effective program assessment;
- Support report preparation related to assessment and accreditation;
- Assist with other academic continuous improvement initiatives; and,
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):Master’s degree – preferably in Education, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Assessment, Business Analytics, or Statistics (including courses in research methods and statistics) –along with two or more years’ experience collecting, analyzing and interpreting data, and demonstrated success in educational assessment. Other degrees will be considered based on relevant experience.
Two or more years’ experience collecting, analyzing and interpreting data, and demonstrated success in educational assessment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Experience with program assessment in higher education;
- Experience with assessment technology or learning management systems;
- Working collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, and administrators;
- Experience with social science research methods, data collection processes, and/or data analysis;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- Strong interpersonal communication and analytical skills;
- Ability to embrace feedback in the spirit of constant improvement; and,
- Ability to prioritize workload.
Coppin State University is recruiting a Coordinator of Assessment and Accreditation. CSU is a historically Black institution within the University System of Maryland. Housed within the Office of Planning and Assessment, the Coordinator will join a group of colleagues who are committed to serving students, faculty, and staff in meeting their assessment needs. While the office prioritizes good assessment, we also value building strong relationships within the Coppin community. As such, this position is ideal for a junior assessment professional who does assessment with a heart. Please review the specifics of the position at the link below and feel free to contact me, Ashima Singh at email@example.com, with any questions or comments.