To apply, please email your cover letter and CV/resume to Dr. Namrata Patel, Director of Strategy & Knowledge Management at Namrata.Patel@cobblestoneeval.com. Deadline for applications is March 27, 2020.
Under the direction of the Director of Research & Evaluation and the Director of Strategy & Knowledge Management, the Data Analyst will provide technical, analytical, and reporting support for multiple applied research and evaluation projects. These projects are implemented in both K-12 and higher education settings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with data collection activities (e.g., survey administration)
- Create and manage databases in Access or similar software
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data using relevant software (e.g., SPSS, MAXQDA)
- Create data visualizations (e.g., charts, graphs, infographics, dashboards) for a variety of audiences
- Write summaries of data findings
- Provide other support to Project Managers, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science (e.g., psychology), statistics, or data science OR four (4) years of relevant experience
- Social science research-based training and demonstrated experience with evaluation design, methods, data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Experience in database creation and management using Access or similar software
- Strong writing skills to communicate research and evaluation findings to lay audiences
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Proficiency using statistical software packages (SPSS preferred) and Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel)
- Master’s degree in a social science (e.g., psychology), statistics, or data science
- Experience working in the data analysis and/or evaluation field
- Experience with qualitative software packages (e.g., MAXQDA) and survey tools (e.g., SurveyGizmo)
- Experience building dashboards and data visualization software (e.g., Tableau)
- Familiarity with enterprise database systems (e.g., MS SQL Server, mySQL)
- Knowledge of education field (e.g., best practices, policy)
Cobblestone Applied Research & Evaluation, Inc. was founded in 2008 by Dr. Rebecca M. Eddy, who started the company as an extension of her work as a faculty member at Claremont Graduate University. We specialize in designing and conducting program evaluation and applied research studies in education, largely drawing on social science methodology. At Cobblestone, we take a client-centered, relationship-driven approach to conducting accurate and reliable applied research and evaluation studies. We work closely with our clients to meet their unique needs, including program improvement, technical assistance, and evaluation capacity building. We have locations in Southern California and Washington, D.C.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Cobblestone offers a benefits package for full-time employees and the potential for telecommuting on some days.