Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies sources for information and coordinates reporting efforts and accuracy of data.
- Investigates known and potential data problems in information systems used at the School.
- Provides responses to recurring ad hoc data requests from university executive, academic, and administrative offices.
- Independently analyzes data, writes narrative reports, and creates original charts, graphs, and tables using graphics, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
- Supports the decision making of the school’s leadership by extracting and statistically analyzing school data and presenting findings.
- Identifies trends, opportunities, and concerns through data analysis.
- Determines plan of action, establishes timelines, and monitors task completion of Institutional Research projects.
- Updates appropriate staff with project information via written and oral presentations when necessary.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate and consistent analyses
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Discretion to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or personal information
- Strong technical skills and programming experience with statistical packages (e.g., SPSS)
- Command of terms, definitions, standards and sources of information in higher education
- Experience writing queries and using business intelligence tools (e.g., Business Objects)
- Advanced skills with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in computer science, business statistics, or related field.
School Mission Statement and Core Values
The Krieger School of Arts and Sciences is devoted to discovery that creates new knowledge and solutions that better the world.
Our world-renowned faculty teach and engage in interdisciplinary and collaborative scholarship across the arts and humanities, the social sciences, and the natural sciences.
Our well-rounded and diverse students pursue a liberal arts education that leverages the qualities of a major research university. They explore their academic interests through a flexible curriculum and faculty-mentored, hands-on research projects utilizing critical inquiry.
Our accomplished graduates possess the skills, curiosity, and knowledge to pursue satisfying and impactful lives of leadership and service in today’s global arena.