Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
• Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Data Analytics, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related area.
• Experience in data analytics and decision support in higher education setting, with specific knowledge of student related data and reporting processes.
• Experience supporting institutional research efforts in higher education with specific experience in database management
• Experience using and ability to program in SAS, or another comparable statistical analysis program, such as Python or R for decision support and reporting services.
• General knowledge of dashboard design, development, and maintenance.
• Ability to work with data and people from multiple sources/departments.
• Well-rounded portfolio of analytical & technical skills.
• Terminal degree in a related discipline.
• Understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, and data lake in a cloud based open source environment.
• Python programming for visual analytic development.
• Experience working with student financial aid data and related reporting processes.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.