The primary emphasis for this role focuses on data collection, validation, and analysis in a team-based environment. More specifically, this position will be heavily involved in supporting annual reports including IPEDS, Common Data Set, Times Higher Education, and U.S. News and World Report.
Additional responsibilities will include support of survey research in Qualtrics and assistance with institutional fact books. This position will frequently interact with key data stakeholders across campus to support institutional and operational reporting requirements.
Additionally, there are opportunities to engage in professional development with national networks of peers and for developing pathways for career trajectories.
Successful candidates will possess strong skills in the following areas:
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in institutional research and data reporting.
- Technical aptitude in data management and statistics (ex. SPSS, STATA, R).
- Proficiency in business intelligence development (ex. Tableau, PowerBI).
- Support of data governance and documentation initiatives.
- Skills in project management and working in team-based organizations.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent customer service and communication (including written and visual presentations).
- Demonstrated capacity of showing initiative by innovating processes with data integrity and quality assurance to produce efficiencies and improve results.
Recognized as one of the world's great institutions of higher learning, a deep tradition of academic innovation thrives here. Our faculty and staff all work together to support the university's mission: to create, preserve, teach and apply knowledge in the service of humanity.
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider a career at Emory:
- Commitment to Excellence: No matter what your position, you will be working alongside Emory community members who value creativity and innovation and strive for excellence in their work.
- Sustainability: Ranked among the top 10 "greenest universities" in the country, Emory is committed to helping restore the global ecosystem, fostering healthy living, and reducing the university's impact on the local environment.
- Arts and Culture: Each year, Emory hosts over 300 events in the performing, visual, and literary arts featuring internationally acclaimed artists.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Dedicated to building and maintaining community and diversity across campus, Emory’s faculty, staff and students collaborate on a variety of programs to facilitate access, enhance equity and broaden inclusion.
- Learning, Development & Growth: From award-winning internal training programs to opportunities through tuition reimbursement or the courtesy scholarship, there are ample opportunities to continue your personal growth.
- Health and Well-being: Committed to helping our faculty, staff and students to be their healthiest, Emory offers an abundance of wellness programs including onsite athletic facilities, wellness challenges, walking groups, workshops, and much more.
- Beautiful Setting: Set on 600 beautiful acres, Emory’s main campus has received national awards for its beauty including recognition as one of the top ten "most amazing college campuses" from BestColleges.com.
- Exceptional Benefits: From a generous retirement contribution to benefits that support your family's health, well-being and education, Emory's benefits programs are one of the great rewards of working here.
- WorkLife: Emory has been recognized nationally for its robust work-life programs which offer resources for child-care, adult care, workplace flexibility and financial education.