- The Analyst/Programmer for Institutional Research and Analysis constructs complex queries that are used to create predictive models, reports, and data visualizations.
- Develop user-friendly data dashboards and data analysis reports.
- Develop institutional level surveys in partnership with members of IR&P to support college-wide strategic planning and institutional effectiveness
- Experience with relational databases such as Access, SQL Server, or other relevant databases.
- Experience using querying tools (through GUI or writing and executing code against large relational databases) and multi-dimensional concepts.
- Manage and organize institutional data required to support standing College committees and initiatives including, but not limited to, Strategic Plan Report Out, the Strategic Planning Committee and Middle States Accredidation.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of institutional/external training and workshops.
8. Assist with the creation of reports or data from the student database (SIS/SPSS) for internal, state, federal, and accreditation needs (i.e., SURE, CE, CHE reports, IPEDS, Perkins, etc).
9. Comply with all safety, fire, and smoking regulations.
10. Complete all mandatory compliance and safety training as scheduled by Human Resources.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited higher education institution in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business, or other relevant discipline with 3 years of experience. Master's in data analytics, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or similar preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in data analysis, programming, or a combination of work-related experience.
- Proficiency with merging large and complex data sets using data merge software such as SPSS, or other relevant software.
- Experience producing data visualizations; Tableau Desktop Certified Associate preferred
- Proven working knowledge of Survey Monkey, Qualtrics or another comprehensive survey administration platform
- Experience with developing reports using Informer 4/5 or other report writer software
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (i.e., pivot tables, cross tab queries, ODBC).
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team and ability to communicate with wide variety of stakeholders, including technical and non-technical personnel.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and follow through all phases to completion.
- Commitment to confidentiality and ethical data practices
Camden County College, located just outside of Philadelphia, is one of New Jersey’s largest, most comprehensive community colleges. Nationally ranked in a number of key educational outcomes, the College has a tradition of high quality education in a wide range of transfer and career programs, and serves its county and the region at four College locations and many off campus sites.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, affiliated administrative position. Holidays, sick days, vacation days, and other fringe benefits are covered by the College’s policy for full-time administrators. This job description will be updated periodically.