The Institutional Research Business/Reporting Analyst is a multifaceted position responsible for a variety of institutional research activities on all aspects of the Colorado Community College System to support planning and system strategic decision-making as well as serve as a resource of support for our 13 colleges. This position will also support day-to-day operations of the IR/BI team through the development and documentation of business processes, development of a proactive data quality assurance program, and gathering of technical requirements for the ODS/data warehouse.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Director of IR and the Assistant Director of BI, develop documentation, processes, and procedures for reporting operations and IR/BI business processes.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Director of IR, Assistant Director of BI, and the Director of IR/BI, develop a proactive data quality assurance program to ensure data integrity and consistency.
- In partnership with Business Intelligence, assist other CCCS departments with designing their data warehousing/reporting needs.
- Help design methodology for gathering instructional data from third party sources, like Pearson, Wily-Plus, Cognos, D2L and similar sites.
- Design, prepare, distribute, and interpret institutional research studies related to academic, student services, administrative programs, and special projects.
- Collect data needed in support of the CCCS Strategic Plan.
- Collect, prepare, interpret, and distribute reports related to enrollment reports, outcome data, marketing trends, and organizational effectiveness.
- Maintain historical records on student performance for current and anticipated research and planning efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of business analytics or applications programming experience with an understanding of Business Intelligence concepts and technologies. This experience must have included:
- Experience querying data systems and delivering reporting solutions for business users.
- Thorough understanding of/experience in conducting educational research and applying statistical data analysis methods.
- Experience with a Report Writing tool (Cognos, Hyperion, SQL Server BI Development Suite, Performance point, or Crystal Reports). Other Business Intelligence toolkits will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Superior organizational, writing, and communication skills.
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL, especially running intricate SQL queries.
- Experience gathering technical requirements for reports.
- Knowledge of D2L.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Generous annual and sick leave benefits (15 hours of annual leave and 10 hours of sick leave accrued each month – based on fulltime status); our employees stay because of the work/life balance they are able to obtain here.
- Attractive health, dental, vision, life, and flexible savings options; we will also help you build your retirement savings via our defined benefit or defined contribution plans.
- An opportunity to become a lifelong-learner and enjoy considerable savings for the college education of your dependents through our tuition reimbursement program.