For optimal consideration, please submit resume materials by April 3, 2020. We will begin reviewing applications shortly thereafter.
To apply for this position, please visit http://staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Human Resources via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Williams College is a coeducational, liberal arts institution located in western Massachusetts, roughly three hours from both Boston and New York City. Williams' reputation as one of the top colleges in the nation is built on the outstanding teaching and scholarship of its faculty, on the academic excellence of its students, and the enormous talent of its administrative and support staff who actively advance its institutional mission.
Employment at Williams is contingent on verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check.
Apply Online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/fnw2k72kcfnc59nx
Williams College invites applications for the position of Director of Institutional Research. Reporting to the Provost, the Director is a strategic partner in institutional planning and decision-making across key areas of the college. The Director identifies important research questions, gathers and analyzes critical data, and communicates results to college leadership, including senior staff, the president, and the board of trustees. The Director is responsible for setting the vision and strategic direction of the Office of Institutional Research and for managing its day-to-day activities. The Director serves on key college committees, including the Committee on Admission and Financial Aid and the Diversity Action Research Team, and leads the college's efforts around data governance. The Director also serves as a liaison to external organizations such as COFHE and ensures that we provide consistent and accurate information to internal and external audiences.
This is an exciting moment for institutional research at Williams. The college is in the midst of its first strategic planning exercise, which has elevated the importance of using data to track and help meet our most important commitments in areas such as student support, teaching effectiveness, financial aid, and diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Director will inform and advise senior staff, the president, and the board of trustees about opportunities, progress, and challenges in both setting and meeting ambitious college-wide goals. The Director will also partner with leaders across the college to deepen data analytical capacity in individual departments and areas.
Institutional Research works closely with students, faculty, and staff from a wide range of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and interests. In addition, the Office plays a critical role in data construction and analysis around issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse community.
- Lead the college's efforts to collect and analyze institutionally important data that inform institutional priorities.
- Provide data and analysis to describe the college to internal and external audiences and ensure compliance with mandatory data reporting and data exchanges with peers.
- Partner with college leaders to expand our capacity to make data-informed decisions in academic departments and other areas of the college.
- Work with staff in institutional research to support teaching assessment through course evaluations and other internal and external surveys.
- Provide academic units with critical information for self-studies and department reviews.
- Build up consistent and repeatable data analyses for units across campus.
- Serve as a key management partner in the transition from PeopleSoft to a new ERP.
- Coordinate and co-lead the college's accreditation process with the support of the President's office.
- Lead the data governance program.
- Manage the budget and operations of the Institutional Research office. Supervise the staff, consisting of an assistant director and an institutional research analyst.