A letter of interest; resume; transcript(s); and the names, titles, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three (3) professional references are required for applicants to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will continue until the position is filled. Electronic submissions are encouraged; please forward your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, or a completed application packet can be submitted to:
Jarvis Christian College
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 1470
Hwy. 80 E, PR 7631
Hawkins, Texas 75765
- Provide leadership to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research, which provides a variety of statistical information and is responsible for supporting executive decision-making and institutional planning by providing the President, Provost, Senior Administrators and Deans with timely information and data analysis.
- Support the work of decision-makers at all levels within the College by tracking appropriate metrics and providing information and analyses necessary to make data-driven decisions.
- Envision and lead the procurement and maintenance of state-of-the-art data analytics, reporting and visualization capabilities campus-wide.
- Recommend institution-wide remedies to assure that high quality data is gathered for strategic decision-making.
- Meet the on-going planning and evaluation needs of the College.
- Evaluate business practices for efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability.
- Ensure that the College meets its statutory and voluntary reporting requirements in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Pair analysis with decision-making throughout the institution to identify information needed for decisions that are consistent with the College's mission and strategic direction and ensure that decision-makers have ready access to that information.
- Utilize data to support the development of innovative programs or services to identify emerging trends and recommend new initiatives to grow the organization.
- Ensure that the necessary data is provided to drive the College's efforts to increase the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students.
- Work with other units on campus to guide, design, and conduct research to support academic planning, decision-making, enrollment management, accreditation, and program assessment in support of increasing academic excellence and improving student-learning outcomes.
- Establish partnerships with key administrative units on campus.
- Work with other members of the leadership team to shape the College's approach to integrating and using data from all major units involved in database generation and management including but not limited to Admissions, Information Technology, and the Registrar's Office.
- Maintain an on-going program of professional development activity that ensures that the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness remains abreast of current trends and best practices.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Sound work ethics
- Listening skills
- Team player
- Success in the workplace depends on a strong commitment to the tasks assigned, respect for others and confidentiality in handling, and dealing with prospects, and sensitive constituent information
- Honesty, integrity, and treating others with respect are expected at all times.
- Good presentation skills, which include but not limited to professional dress/business attire, excellent personal grooming, and excellent verbal, as well as, written skills.
- Assume responsibility for own professional growth and development, keeping current of best practices in area of responsibility
ETHICAL BEHAVIORAdhere to the Jarvis Christian College Code of Ethics
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline is required; doctorate preferred.
- Five (5) years of job-related experience.
- Evidence of data translation, advanced experience in data management, statistical analyses and predictive modeling. Analyses of short and long-term trends critical to strategic planning, financial decision-making, and reporting to internal and external constituencies.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external constituents of a diverse background.
- Proven ability to present detailed and complex data in different formats and to different audiences.
- Advanced proficiency in relevant components of Microsoft Office including Access and Excel.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions; to apply statistical principles and processes to meet a range of information requirements.
- Experience with standard external reporting expectations, including IPEDS.
- Ability to provide accurate analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of the English language, including meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Skilled at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to report findings succinctly in understandable narrative, charts, graphs and/or tables.
- Ability to work effectively, collaboratively and cooperatively with a diverse body of faculty and staff across multiple campuses.
- A detail-oriented, analytical self-starter who can manage multiple projects of high importance.
- Ability to work with confidential materials/information with integrity, diplomacy and discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the College's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Jarvis Christian College is committed to diversity in our faculty, staff, and student body.
Basic Life Insurance
Employee Supplemental Life Insurance
Spouse Supplemental Life Insurance
Dependent Life Insurance