For additional information and to apply, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/applicant and search for Job ID#: 59919BR The closing date for applications is April 6, 2020 at 3:00 pm Arizona time. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US. This department does not sponsor visas.
Under administrative direction, manages research development, implementation, process, and reporting for several grant funded projects on the extent to which education and outreach goals are being met. Develops, analyzes, coordinates, and maintains research/survey information and information systems for program evaluation, institutional research, and special projects. Communicates with stakeholders. Provides technical assistance and consultation to colleges, departments, faculty, administration, and public/private sector constituencies on evaluation issues and outcomes assessment. Co-advises graduate research aides and interns. Assists with improvement of internal processes to increase office capacity. Assists with proposal development. Provides support to the Assistant Director through additional project tasks and assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates as a member of a research team that conducts institutional and grant-sponsored research projects.
- Selects, develops, and/or recommends appropriate research design methodologies, data analyses, and statistical procedures.
- Determines appropriate methodology to be used for particular project(s).
- Communicates with internal and external constituents to obtain necessary information.
- Serves as primary liaison on several projects.
- Coordinates and determines compatibility of data from various sources (e.g. interviews, portfolios, surveys, document review).
- Manages and conducts data collection and compilation, including surveys, interviews, focus groups, observations, etc.
- Analyzes and interprets quantitative and qualitative data using appropriate protocols, methods, and computer software.
- Selects appropriate statistical tools for specific data analysis tasks and procedures.
- Ensures computability of data from various sources (e.g., interviews, surveys, document reviews) and merges data from multiple files.
- Writes reports summarizing results and making recommendations for various audiences.
- Utilizes various computer programs and software to perform data computation, statistical analysis, etc.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to various audiences.
- Facilitates workshops on program evaluation, outcomes assessment, etc.
- May monitor expenditures ensuring adherence to program objectives.
- Maintains detailed records of research activities, analyses, and outcomes.
- May supervise, train, monitor, or coordinate the activities of subordinates.
- Develops internal process efficiencies to increase office capacity.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
Flexible schedule 8am-5pm M-F.
Under administrative direction, manages research development, implementation, process, and reporting. Office environment and off-site locations. Prolonged periods of sitting and using a computer.
Travel to all four ASU campuses and some off-site locations (e.g., K-12 schools, libraries, science museums) will be required (all travel time, personal vehicle mileage, and parking will be reimbursed). Reliable personal transportation is a requirement for the position.
Master's degree in a related field AND three years of experience in research, information analysis or program evaluation; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a masters or doctorate in related field (e.g., social science, education) with research and statistical emphasis.
- Work experience in program evaluation and higher education. Experience with multiple phases of the social science research process (e.g. survey and protocol design, quantitative and qualitative data collection, developing and implementing data coding structures, data processing, and data analysis such as Chi- Square, ANOVA, regression, etc.).
- Experience with developing and implementing quality control procedures for large, complex data sets.
- Computer skills with spreadsheets (e.g., Excel), databases (e.g., Access, ASU Data Warehouse), and data analysis (e.g., SPSS, R).
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in research writing and reporting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, timelines, and responsibilities.
- Experience working successfully in collaborative research teams.
- Experience in supervision and training of staff and students.
- Evidence of current CITI training.
- Experience in development of processes for increased quality and efficiency of projects to benefit clients/stakeholders and expand UOEEE capacity.
The University Office of Evaluation and Educational Effectiveness (UOEEE) at Arizona State University is a research and service facility, which focuses on assessing and improving the effectiveness of the university's academic programs and conducting studies to support administrative decision making and planning. We are looking for a Management Research Analyst Senior to join our team.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence,
entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.