Must provide cover letter and resume
- Develop, implement, and assure best practice processes and procedures for data quality control throughout all reporting databases and reporting objects.
- Direct development of procedures and customer interaction to develop abstract business requirements into logical business rules and corresponding technical specifications and data models to facilitate reporting needs.
- Manage and maintain USG reporting databases.
- Perform data analysis and ensure data quality across all USG academic data stores.
- Manage and oversee changes and data status at the reporting layer of the data warehouse.
- Develop and maintain the ETL between collected data and reporting database.
- Define and direct procedures to troubleshoot and test reports and data for possible flaws in response to questions from the System Office, USG institutions and other agencies.
- Direct, develop, and program advanced reporting and data submission to different agencies.
- Identify areas of in need of improvement or refinement; design and assist in the development of solutions to facilitate efficient and effective reporting.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Baccalaureate degree required with over five years of related experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Strong Oracle DBMS, PL/SQL skills.
• Strong knowledge of academic data in higher education.
• Deep understanding of USG Banner student information system and related business practices.
• Deep understanding of relational database and data warehouse.
• Strong data analysis and data quality control skills with great attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical reasoning, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of process improvement principles.
• Knowledge of project management principles.
• Knowledge of end user support principles.
• Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
• Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.