- Ensures that meaningful, accurate data and supporting documentation is available to meet the decision-making needs of the University.
- Demonstrates leadership in research design, the appropriate use of statistical tools, and the interpretation of institutional data.
- Provides oversight and supervision for institutional research, trend analyses for environmental scanning, institutional accreditation information and data reporting.
- Oversees daily operations of the Office of Institutional Research, supervises support staff and monitors workloads to ensure that service to the campus and external communities is provided in a professional, ethical, and timely manner.
- Consults with ITS in support of data warehousing and data usage associated with Banner system modules, ARGOS, and other information technologies.
- Compiles, analyzes, and disseminates quantitative data related to facets of the University including institutional characteristics, enrollments, student retention, student transfer activities, and other student performance indicators.
- Coordinates state and federal reporting.
- Oversees data reporting for external entities including those focused on accreditation and program review.
- Conducts special projects/studies to address decision-making needs of the senior administrative staff.
- Integrates visualization technology and other tools for data presentation and interpretation.
- Utilizes external data to assess performance against goals and benchmark other institutions.
- Prepares semester and yearly data reports (daily enrollment, annual retention, A-State Fact Book, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
• Communicate clearly, effectively and professionally with evidence of success in explaining,
presenting, and interpreting data including the production of written reports.
• Work collaboratively and collegially with University administration, faculty and staff.
• Supervise staff and promote professional development.
Demonstrated knowledge of:
• Local, state and national university issues.
• Current trends and issues related to federal and state reporting.
• Trends and innovative practices in institutional research.