This position is open until filled
To apply please go to: https://jobs.ncat.edu/postings/20029
The Director of Institutional Research manages the planning, implementation, assessment, and continuous improvement of activities related to institutional research and analytics. The Director will analyze comprehensive data related to the institution and the system to form actionable theory used for support of the institution’s Survey Research Initiative and the institution’s assessment, evaluation, and accreditation efforts. A crucial component of this position’s administrative oversight is to assess, manage/supervise, and develop a highly effective and efficient team that is collaborative and cross-functional as it is responsible for performance outcomes of 4-5 team members.
Further role responsibilities are:
- Plan, implement and manage the data selection, collection, warehousing, management, and analytics functions related to institutional effectiveness
- Provide critical and timely decision-making support to campus clients
- Establish, maintain, and assess collaborations with major administrative and academic systems within the institution
- Ensure timely and accurate access to institutional data to all clients
- Submit high-quality institutional reports, statistical summaries, and projections including, but not limited to, enrollment projections, budget analysis, athletic reports and analysis, faculty productivity analysis, etc.
- Plan, select content, and publish a variety of publications related to institutional research and analytics
- Track and share data related to strategic priorities and student success initiatives
- With leadership provided by the vice provost, contribute to and maintain the Unit website
- Serve as a representative on assessment and accreditation related councils
- Earned doctorate in analytical discipline such as statistics, mathematics, social sciences, computer science, education or a related field with coursework in research design, data management, and statistics is required (applicants with master’s degree may be considered with additional years of experience)
- Demonstrated skills in research design, modeling, multivariate analysis, statistics, analytics, and management
- Five or more years work experience in institutional research or analytics related context
- Demonstrated communication, collaboration, and team management skills
- Ability to be productive and creative in a diverse team
- High level of proficiency in engaging current and emerging technologies in analytics related to the institution
- High level of interest and knowledge related to critical issues in higher education and student success
- Experience training and managing staff is required.
- Demonstrated leadership in institutional research and analytics
- Demonstrated scholarship and fluency in data transformation to knowledge, insights, direction for action
- Highly skilled in Excel, Tableau, SAS Enterprise Guide, or other transferable skills
The Office of Strategic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness (OSPIE) fosters student success and the University’s effectiveness by facilitating evidence based decision-making. OSPIE serves as the primary source of official data reported from all major administrative systems across the University.
Primary Function of conducts objective research and analysis for decision-makers, prepares Organizational Unit reports that improve understanding of institutional and program performance, builds data collections, facilitates access to institutional data, and advocates for data quality and integrity. OSPIE supports student learning assessment, the development and evaluation of academic programs and administrative functions, and institutional and program accreditation.