This description is intended to indicate the types of duties and responsibilities requested of the employee assigned this title. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required:
- Works collaboratively with staff to identify, evaluate, and respond to state, federal and accrediting agency compliance reporting requirements.
- Employs effective communication strategies that result in productive working relationships with external reporting agencies and college staff with operational compliance responsibilities.
- Writes and updates SQL queries based on reporting requirement documentation to extract data in specified format for internal and external reporting. Analyzes compliance reporting processes, implementing efficient procedures.
- Analyzes complex data sets using research methods, quantitative and qualitative analyses, and statistical techniques. Utilizes statistical software to perform data analysis.
- Assists the Executive Director and Director of Analytical Studies in providing, summarizing and presenting information for the College from internal/external data sources and provides interpretations of data to leadership.
- Communicates and interacts with Institutional Effectiveness leadership to provide data that informs decisions and real-time answers to questions College leadership raises in setting policies and/or making decisions about College operations.
- Employs effective project planning and management techniques that support an accurate and timely completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Advises College leadership on issues related to the College as well as state, federal, and accrediting agency compliance reporting.
- Remains current on trends that affect higher education and assists Institutional Effectiveness leadership on the appropriate leadership.
- Serves on internal and external committees and boards, as directed.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to work additional hours, as needed.
- Detail oriented and proven track record of producing high quality work
- Proven track record of accurately interpreting and implementing compliance reporting instructions
- Demonstrated knowledge of operational systems and their impact on data integrity
- Strong written, inter-personal and public speaking skills
- Proven advanced working knowledge of SQL queries and statistical package such as SPSS, SAS, R.
- Familiarity with tableau dashboard and data visualizations.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
- General knowledge of survey administration and analysis techniques including statistics or social science research methods. Experience with Qualtrics or other survey tools a plus.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Social Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years’ experience in applied research with demonstrated experience in compliance reporting. Prior experience in an Office of Institutional Research or comparable office in higher education.
Oakland County voters overwhelmingly established funding for the Oakland Community College District on June 8, 1964, and have consistently continued to help support the College’s mission for the past five decades. The district encompasses roughly 900 square miles, and has an assessed property value exceeding $25 billion.
There are currently 28 public school districts with 45 public high schools, and 37 private high schools within OCC boundaries.
Across its multi campus system, OCC has served one million students and become a source for community development and engagement since opening its doors.