Apply online at: https://jobs.vt.edu/
• Master’s degree in a quantitative disciple, such as Data Analytics, MIS, Data Science, Operations Research, or a related area.
• Experience in institutional research, data analytics and decision support in higher education settings.
• Experience using and ability to program in SPSS, SAS, or another comparable statistical analysis program, such as SQL, Python or R for
• Ability to build visualizations.
• Evidence of independent and creative thinking and writing on research and statistical problems.
• Ability to work with data from multiple sources.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
• Ph.D. in a related discipline.
• General knowledge of cloud-based analytics platforms.
• General knowledge of business intelligence and reporting tools.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
From comprehensive insurance plans to tuition assistance, Virginia Tech offers employees a robust benefits program. This full range of benefits, services, and discounts is an integral part of the university's total compensation package and just one of the many things that make Virginia Tech a great place to work.