The Director of Decision Support and Reporting has the following duties and responsibilities:
• Manage the preparation, compliance, and submission of institutional reporting mandated by the federal government, the University System of Maryland, Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) and other accrediting agencies, and associated organizations.
• Ensure the integrity and accuracy of reports and publications (i.e., Profile, Fact Book, CDS, and System/state/federal reports).
• Oversee the administration, analysis and reporting and presentation of institutional data to facilitate institutional planning and program evaluations.
• Establish standards and processes for documentation, presentation, and quality review of deliverables.
• Collaborate with college faculty and staff to provide consultation in the areas of data collection, interpretation, analysis, and reporting and tracking methodology.
• Lend support to the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness in the duties of informed institutional decision-making and overall institutional strategic planning.
• Develop and maintain datasets for strategic campus priorities and external requests.
• Design and/or review survey design and administration for internal and external stakeholders.
• Work closely with IT staff in the retrieval and management of data.
• Represent office at all University System of Maryland institutional research meetings as well as state, regional, and national initiatives and affinity groups devoted to the improvement of institutional research and decision support.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum five (5) years experience in managing an institutional research operation required, preferably in a higher education setting. Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative research, data collection, analysis, data integrity and presentation; proven working knowledge at an advanced level of applications in the Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Knowledge of research design, scientific sampling, statistical analysis and ability to interpret data, create information and make recommendations; knowledge of institutional research, assessment and evaluation concepts and methods; advanced knowledge of statistical software use and interpretation of findings in applied research settings (preferably SPSS); strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively and efficiently collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders; ability to work independently and within a team, attends to multiple projects simultaneously, and meets deadlines; experience with query tools from Enterprise Resource Planning integrated information systems required (PeopleSoft preferred)
Bowie State University is centrally located in Bowie, Maryland, near Washington, DC, Baltimore and Annapolis. The Baltimore-Washington Parkway is less than five miles west of the university if using either the Greenbelt Route 193 exit or the Laurel Route 197 exit. Additionally, campus is conveniently accessible by MARC commuter rail, Metro bus and Metro rail.
BSU offers 23 undergraduate majors, 19 master's degrees, 14 post-bachelor's certificates and 2 doctoral programs to over 6,100 students.
The Office of Planning, Analysis and Accountability (OPAA) is responsible for complying with federal, State of Maryland and University System of Maryland reporting requirements and coordinates regional accreditation activities. OPAA leverages technology to support a data informed decision culture through surveying, environmental scanning, conducting targeted analyses and studies, and disseminating data through analytics, and dashboard tools, and reports. OPAA is staffed by the AVP for Institutional Effectiveness, a Director of Institutional Research and a Research Analyst.