The University of North Carolina System Office invites applications for the SAS Programmer/Analyst position.
This position uses Base SAS, SAS Macro, SQL, Microsoft Office, SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau, and other tools for data management, analysis, reporting, and visualization. It supports the Data and Analytics unit’s mission to serve as a strategic decision support resource and a shared service for UNC constituent institutions. The position works across the UNC System Office and with all 17 constituent institutions to validate, analyze, and report institutional data. Key qualities for the ideal candidate are SAS expertise and efficiency, experience managing large and complex data sets, analytical skills, commitment to accuracy, ability to work as part of a team, and ability to communicate with a wide variety of data consumers.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a programming-heavy related degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of progressive experience in the information technology field including SAS programming experience; OR a Bachelor’s degree in social science or other field for which data analysis and broad analytical skills are learned and two to four years of related SAS programming experience; OR Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or in a programming-heavy related degree and two years of progressive experience in the information technology field including experience in programming; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Management strongly prefers:
- A minimum of three (3) years of writing original SAS code in a professional setting;
- Experience with finance data and reporting;
- Related experience in higher education institutional research, enrollment management, planning or analysis, particularly within the UNC System;
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting SAS code and updating legacy SAS code;
- Proficiency with Base SAS, including Data Step programming, merging large and complex data sets using Data Merge, and use of specific routines in SAS such as Proc SQL, ODS, Proc Report/Tabulate, Macro Programming, and Array Processing.
- Experience with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Enterprise Guide are valuable as well;
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- A commitment to accuracy and quality.