Interested candidates should complete the on-line application at www.limestone.edu/jobs and upload a letter of application, resume/vita, graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. If you have additional questions regarding the position, you may direct them to Dr. Monica Baloga, Provost, at email@example.com. Limestone College, 1115 College Drive, Gaffney, SC 29340. As a part of the pre-employment process, the selected candidate must be willing to consent to, and pass, with satisfactory results, an investigative consumer report. AA/EEO.
The Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (Director, IRE) reports to the Provost and is responsible for integrating planning, organizing and coordinating assessment, institutional research, and institutional effectiveness. The Director, IRE provides leadership to support a culture in which assessment, continuous quality improvement, and planning activities are integrated, understood and practices in ways consistent with the University vision, mission and values. In addition, this position performs highly advanced research work that involves leading the development of datasets to inform decision making and planning; designs and carries out research studies that contribute to the institution's decision-making capacity and mission; include the use of data visualizations and strategic analytics in preparing reports of the findings; oversees and participates in the institution's data collection, surveys, and reporting for a variety of purposes and audiences; and develops and/or maintains databases, programs, and documentation, as necessary, to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish annual institutional research priorities in collaboration with the President’s Cabinet. Ensure the projects associated with these priority areas are completed.
- Develop and collaboratively lead a strategic vision for overall institutional research and data analysis practices across the institution.
- Collect, compile and/or coordinate the timely collection of appropriate and accurate institutional data to fulfill state and federal reporting requirements and to respond to requests from other external agencies, organizations or individuals.
- Conduct cyclical institutional surveys, as approved and reviewed by senior leadership.
- Provide support for the institution’s strategic planning, budgeting, accreditation (both institutional and programmatic), and assessment processes. Collaborate with units on development and assessment of unit goals and outcomes.
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff in identifying appropriate data collection to ensure reliable, appropriate, and legal use of institutional information.
- Collaborate on initiatives such as data governance and dashboard management. Serve on key institutional committees.
- Performs statistical analysis to interpret results and findings.
Training and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Educational Research, Social Research, Psychology or Education Administration required.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in data analysis, statistical analysis, and qualitative research methods.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in an institutional research or business intelligence setting at a University. Experience with Jenzabar preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research design, sampling, modeling, statistical analysis and data interpretation including creating reports and presentation of results and recommendations.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to relate to a variety of individuals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, time management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Solid computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in data governance, research, and use of data in higher education.
Limestone College is a private, co-educational, liberal arts institution of higher education located in Gaffney, SC. On July 1, 2020, the institution’s name will change to Limestone University as it continues to expand master’s degree program offerings that support professional studies and development.